Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion in a corner!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Score from corners?, we can't even take a corner properly!, all too often the ball into the box doesn't even beat the first man. Van La Parra being the main culprit yesterday.

Hah, yes well, learning how to clear the first man would be a start!

It does genuinely worry me. Goals from set pieces is something we distinctly lack and its so frustrating to watch especially when the opposition seems to make it look so easy.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Hughton is right. The defending for QPR's winner was shambolic. Bruno was more interested in pulling Austin's shirt than beating him to the header. They need to rethink their defending of set plays generally.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hah, yes well, learning how to clear the first man would be a start!

It does genuinely worry me. Goals from set pieces is something we distinctly lack and its so frustrating to watch especially when the opposition seems to make it look so easy.

I know!, and yesterday was such a good indication of that. Surely learning to curl a ball into the box from the corner flag isn't exactly rocket science?

I'll stop short of saying even I can do it, but I've seen enough keen schoolboys do it in the local park on a Sunday morning.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Hughton is right. The defending for QPR's winner was shambolic. Bruno was more interested in pulling Austin's shirt than beating him to the header. They need to rethink their defending of set plays generally.

I think that was the one occasion he didn't pull Austin's shirt !

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
God Andy Naylor is an awful journo. That's a very lazy article. What next,? Bears shit in woods..Pope is Catholic.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm more concerned with how we can't seem to score from corners. At all.

the ball is hardly ever delivered in a fashion that makes scoring likely.......seems to be more likely that a short corner will be taken and then slowly worked back to greer.......we really need to get a bit more urgency in our attacking game , we were undone by a class act , no doubt but they only had 4 or 5 chances and they took 3 of them ........2 of those goals could be described as "soft" as a result of poor defending.

how we bounce back is crucial ...!!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Apart from at QPR. When we scored from a corner.
Yep, we scored from a corner in that game, but I don't believe for one minute THAT goal was practised on the training ground!

We don't appear to attack the ball with any real purpose, and as has been mentioned too often of late the delivery has been poor to diabolical.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Did I miss them getting 3pts?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here