Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest crowd in the division by 6000 and bigger than West Brom in the "Premier League"

Feb 14, 2010
Biggest crowd in the division by 6000 and bigger than West Brom in the "Premier League"

Just goes to show, and it was on TV. It was Ipswich v Derby as well - two of the better supported sides in the division as well. I wonder what could be achieved wiith a half decent top flight side?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Just goes to show, and it was on TV. It was Ipswich v Derby as well - two of the better supported sides in the division as well. I wonder what could be achieved wiith a half decent top flight side?

It's a good point. We were very quick to praise Boro for the away following (rightly so) but lunchtime KO, live on TV the Sat before Christmas. That is a very decent crowd indeed.

Feb 14, 2010
Forgive my maths, but if Leeds had a crowd of 22,641, how was ours more than 6,000 higher?

Sorry skimmed through the papers, didnt see Leeds. So 4000 more than Leeds United when we were on TV for a lunch time kick off. What could this club achieve with a half decent top flight side. That better El P?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There is something about Brighton . . . . untapped monster springs to mind:

In 1964, when average attendences were rather m'eh, we won the Fourth Division Championship with an average crowd of 17,975.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Looked like a lot Of empty seats on TV?

Tried to get a ticket Yesterday morning and only the more expensive ones were left so it must have been busier than it looked

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Tried to get a ticket Yesterday morning and only the more expensive ones were left so it must have been busier than it looked

When we picked up headset at ticket office at 1130 they had plenty on sale in North stand

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the Saturday of the Charlton match, the Albion's crowd was the 7th largest in the country.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton

As match was on Sky i did not try to get a ticket however twice recently i have tried to get a ticket but it appears that the mobile ticket office no longer attends the railway station and nobody appears to know where it is.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
somewhat unfair using West Brom in the thread title, their ground only holds about 26 and a half thousand.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
There is something about Brighton . . . . untapped monster springs to mind:

In 1964, when average attendences were rather m'eh, we won the Fourth Division Championship with an average crowd of 17,975.

I think the last 3 or 4 home games had attendances approaching 30,000!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think the last 3 or 4 home games had attendances approaching 30,000!

Indeed.

Brighton in the 60s was a town full of immigrants (from London) plus the local yokels, bored out of their minds and looking for Something. Hove was a wasteland of geriatrica. A Decent Football Team was then, as it is now, something needed. Glory, glory Brighton'n Hove Albion!

I hope, with both my bollocks, that we go up this season. Local Pride, Revenge, Glory, all that stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here