Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Elvis bloke ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
With no KLL, no Solly March, no Sam Baldock, a wide loaner player brought in and Murthy playing crap just how bad must this 1.5million pound player Manu be ?

Surely at 0-3 and the game gone he could have had some game time. What is going on ?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Has Elvis played for the reserves, and if so has he scored many goals/assists or is just bad as questioned in OP?

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Watched him play for U21 side against Norwich U21. He seems to have a different understanding of the offside rule than anyone else, and it was noticeable that other players were often shouting at him to stay in position. But then he did a couple of extremely fast runs that caused mayhem. Looks like he has enough to make people think there is a lot more to come, but whether there really is more to come, who knows?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
With no KLL, no Solly March, no Sam Baldock, a wide loaner player brought in and Murthy playing crap just how bad must this 1.5million pound player Manu be ?

Surely at 0-3 and the game gone he could have had some game time. What is going on ?

I hear whay you say, and it is a bit of a conundrum I must admit. I can only think that Chris Hughton,for whatever reason doesn't think he is ready, or simply doesn't rate him.

But for a player to show his true worth he has to be given game time, and Elvis simply hasn't had any. As others have said, yesterdays game was lost by half time, so an ideal time surely, to see what he could offer.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The people who see him day in day out clearly don't think he is ready. I'd like to see him loaned out, he needs to get up to speed in the English league and 10 mins here and there with a team playing for high stakes week in, week out is not the place. A lower Championship side or league one would give him time to learn what is required here and hopefully come back ready to challenge for a starting place next season...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well, if you come up with anything that wasn't covered here - http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?331226-No-Elvis - yesterday, this could be an interesting thread.................

I got back at midnight after celebrating my birthday yesterday and subsequently didn't log in to NSC. The thread you highlighted had slipped down to page 2 before I had a look this afternoon so I humbly apologise for the massive inconvenience this has caused you and the rest of NSC.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
FIXTURES, would have sufficed.

But carry on with your own self importance.
Frightfully sorry if I've offended you by trying to find a more polite way of drawing attention to fixtures, rather that just shout 'FIXTURES'. But do carry on being offended if you wish.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I got back at midnight after celebrating my birthday yesterday and subsequently didn't log in to NSC. The thread you highlighted had slipped down to page 2 before I had a look this afternoon so I humbly apologise for the massive inconvenience this has caused you and the rest of NSC.
No apology needed - hope you had a good birthday bash! It was quite a lively discussion on here yesterday evening - surprised it had slipped as far as page two.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

We've signed his cousin

Anyone remember Souness at Southampton?

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Elvis played the second half away to Wolves against ten men - had three shots at goal all tamely straight into the keepers arms - he has had one good chance, a while ago, but did not deliver.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Elvis P* Manu may have a future

Elvis - one of my least favourite pop people
P* Palace - need I say more?
Manu - need I say more?

* I made that bit up.

Potential :shit::FFSPuncheon:timmy:

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Watched him play for U21 side against Norwich U21. He seems to have a different understanding of the offside rule than anyone else, and it was noticeable that other players were often shouting at him to stay in position. But then he did a couple of extremely fast runs that caused mayhem. Looks like he has enough to make people think there is a lot more to come, but whether there really is more to come, who knows?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's a testament to how far this club has come that we are spending so much money on players who can't make the first team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here