fulgence-l229-2860261_478x359.jpg

Lisa Fulgence celebrates.
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
08:00 20th December 2015
by James Hilsum
It was a decent comeback."
Lisa Fulgence
Brighton & Hove Albion women striker Lisa Fulgence reflected on a memorable return to the first-team squad against Plymouth last week, where her two goals helped to secure a 3-0 win over the Pilgrims.The striker came off the bench to net a brace and admitted her return to the first-team was a bit unexpected.
She said, “I’ve been with the development squad for a couple of weeks, but to get the message I’d be in the first team was a surprise – but a good surprise.
“I didn’t know if I’d get on or not because there were ten minutes to go and we were winning 1-0.
“I missed what for me is a sitter (with a close -range header which went wide) and I thought that would be my only chance.
“I was thinking ‘great, I come on and miss a sitter’. But to get two more chances was great.
“It was a decent comeback. If I got more minutes it might be a different situation with the fitness. But I thought it was a decent little comeback.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Fulgence is now hoping to give Albion an extra clinical touch up front, but admits her first priority is to regain her full match fitness.“For the number of chances we create, we should definitely score a lot more goals.
“I think sometimes we don’t realise how good the opportunities are when we are out there.
“I want to help with that situation. I’ve always been a goalscorer and I want to make a difference.”
“It’s not really my decision but the aim is to play for the first team regularly. I want to get back 100% fit, so if that means playing 90 minutes for the development squad first, then I’d take that.”
A week prior to her first-team return, the forward was a co-commentator with Andrew Hawes for the side’s first-ever fixture at the Amex.
“It was a different opportunity and it’s not something I would have thought to do off the top of my head.
“I enjoyed it, but I hope to be out there the next time we play at the Amex.”
Albion women are in action against Tottenham Hotspur today. The match takes place at the Sussex County FA Headquarters at Culver Road, BN15 9AX, kick-off 2pm. Admission is priced at £3 for adults and £1 for Albion season-tickets holders and under-16s.

[h=3]ALBION V IPSWICH TOWN
[/h]TUESDAY 29TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS
[/h]FRIDAY 1ST JANUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD TOWN*
[/h]SATURDAY 23RD JANUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here