goldson-l229-2860140_478x359.jpg

Connor Goldson
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 20th December 2015
by James Hilsum
I’m happy to play for Brighton and I’m grateful I had a chance to play"
Connor Goldson
Brighton & Hove Albion defender Connor Goldson was pleased to make his first-team debut in the 3-0 defeat to Middlesbrough yesterday, but admitted he would have rather it came under different circumstances.

The defender replaced the injured Uwe Huenemeier after 60 minutes with the score at 2-0, for his first appearance since arriving from Shrewsbury in the summer.*
He said, “It was good to make my debut; it’s been a long time coming of course and obviously I would’ve preferred it to come in a game where we’ve won and not come off losing 3-0.
“The game was a little bit dead by the time I came on. Their [third] goal came straight away and it killed the game and the atmosphere.
“But I’m happy to play for Brighton and I’m grateful I had a chance to play.
“Obviously I am used to playing games, but I understand that the team has been flying and we’ve been doing really well so I hold no grudges at not being played.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The 23-year-old praised the quality which Middlesbrough showed on the day, but felt the game was still salvageable going into the break.
“They are a good side defensively, they looked solid for the whole game and we didn’t look like we were going to break them down.
“That’s how they play, they looked to counter us early on which made the game very hard.
“But they scored twice in 45 minutes, so we thought to ourselves, ‘why can’t we do that?'
“Once the third goal goes in, it’s always going to be very hard. We still tried to give it a right go until the end, but it was too late.”The centre-back is now urging his team-mates to bounce back following the result ahead of a hectic run of fixtures between Christmas and the New Year.
“I don’t think anyone would expect us to go 46 games unbeaten. It was always going to end. We went into every game thinking that we could win though, but Middlesbrough came here, defended very well, had good shape and they’ve caught us out a few times on set pieces.
“All great teams lose a game. It’s about how you bounce back and don’t let it go on or disrupt the camp. Hopefully we can bounce back in the next game.”

[h=3]ALBION V IPSWICH TOWN
[/h]TUESDAY 29TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS
[/h]FRIDAY 1ST JANUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD TOWN*
[/h]SATURDAY 23RD JANUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here