Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done to those who stayed and clapped the team off.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Well beaten today. Maybe not such a bad thing. Might show us what we need for the second half of the season. Boro were worthy winners so well done to them. They will surely be promoted this time.

Despite the result and our indifferent performance, I felt a great sense of pride towards the end of the match -when the result had long since been decided. And at the end of the 90 odd minutes, the collective realisation by many that this was THE time to stay and show our appreciation of the team and the club for a once in a generation run of results was heartfelt. The vocal support then was a great display of support and solidarity. It was quite a moment I thought. Only a shame that large numbers by then had already left.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
21 games unbeaten, the team deserved more to stay and say thanks. It's hard to celebrate a run when you've been thumped at home. And humbled, significantly.

As Mourinho said when he lost his first home game at Chelsea, you're toasting a run which has ended and on that moment, you'd just lost a game. Celebrate the run while it goes on, which we did.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well beaten today. Maybe not such a bad thing. Might show us what we need for the second half of the season. Boro were worthy winners so well done to them. They will surely be promoted this time.

Despite the result and our indifferent performance, I felt a great sense of pride towards the end of the match -when the result had long since been decided. And at the end of the 90 odd minutes, the collective realisation by many that this was THE time to stay and show our appreciation of the team and the club for a once in a generation run of results was heartfelt. The vocal support then was a great display of support and solidarity. It was quite a moment I thought. Only a shame that large numbers by then had already left.

Which many did and many didn't. So what? It is the prerogative of those that pay their hard earned to decide how they spend the last few minutes of a football match. These threads are like a 'look at me' type shit. I couldn't give a crap who stayed and who left, it isn't important. I don't come home and cry over it, I don't have sleepless nights because people left on 83. When will these people get over themselves regarding other people's lives and plans for the day/night. Give it a f**king rest!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Which many did and many didn't. So what? It is the prerogative of those that pay their hard earned to decide how they spend the last few minutes of a football match. These threads are like a 'look at me' type shit. I couldn't give a crap who stayed and who left, it isn't important. I don't come home and cry over it, I don't have sleepless nights because people left on 83. When will these people get over themselves regarding other people's lives and plans for the day/night. Give it a f**king rest!

We hung about (waiting for the party), but fair point. Very fair point.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

It's my view. You're entitled to say something Else, of course, but why be so aggressive about it? Unnecessary. Adios.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Well done to everyone that turned up to todays match, with Sky cocking up some people's plans it was nice to see a decent crowd.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
. Ok. sorry if you're tired of it but that's what I think.

You edited that from just saying 'OK. But you really should step away from this feeling of being a mega fan and feeling the need to point it out. It smacks of 'look at me'. I can't be arsed to re-write what I said above, but leave people to their own lives and not the one you perceive.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Im sure I've seen another thread which is about moaning at fans for not staying til the end.

Read what I said. There is one comment about how I think it's is a shame that more fans didn't stay to the end but otherwise it's a positive comment about the run of the team and fans reaction to that. Hardly a moan.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
No aggressiveness, quite the opposite, tired of listening to the same tune.

I know you're tired but, without wishing to provoke your ire further, I feel compelled to point out that the opposite of aggressive is passive i.e. accepting/allowing what happens or what others do without response/resistance. I'm sure we'd all agree your post was not passive.

It was however determined, forceful and, some would say, confrontational; all of which are frequently associated with aggressiveness. I'm not bothered wether you are or are not actually being or intend to be aggressive or passive but it's best not to mix the two things up.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Completely agree. Was great to see many of the true fans stay and sing / clap the lads off to say well done. A great show of solidarity - I thought this would / should be the largest thread on here tonight. A great moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here