Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Decent team Decent fans

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The best team this season seen at the Amex by a clear margin. Great support as well and decent fans to talk to. Let's hope it is us and Middlesbrough in the top 2 next May. If we had to lose one day and we did I am glad it was to a decent team and people like Middleborough and not some of the Pond Life we have in this division

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Loads of Boro fans in town after who were all polite and happy without gloating. Wished many of them safe travels and a Merry Christmas. Fair play to them today and a brilliant number for an early kick off and 300+ mile round trip.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How many would we have taken there today for a 12.30pm kick off, live on TV? 800? Less?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
How many would we have taken there today for a 12.30pm kick off, live on TV? 800? Less?

So what? Half of our away support does not live in London, and even if it did it would make very little difference to the numbers we would take to Ayresome Park........:whistle:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So what? Half of our away support does not live in London, and even if it did it would make very little difference to the numbers we would take to Ayresome Park........:whistle:

This old line is always trotted out about away support - 'half of it is from London anyway'. a) it isn't and b) so what? Does that mean when they have big away followings up north it is a totally different set of fans then?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I would suggest around 1200 came down from Middlesbrough, that is brilliant considering ko time, live on tv, week before Christmas. I applaud them.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

Maybe, but then again the vast majority of our fans are from Sussex.
They had an impressive following but I saw countless Boro fans boarding the train to Brighton along the south coast.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Maybe, but then again the vast majority of our fans are from Sussex.
They had an impressive following but I saw countless Boro fans boarding the train to Brighton along the south coast.

Mate, that's a good thing for them, support around the country, wish we had it. But I would suggest, as I said before, at least 1200 have come down from the bleak norf for the game, still a great turnout even if it had been provincial?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Mate, that's a good thing for them, support around the country, wish we had it. But I would suggest, as I said before, at least 1200 have come down from the bleak norf for the game, still a great turnout even if it had been provincial?
It was impressive and I respect that.
However I would put it at a lot less then 1200.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I would say fewer.

image.jpg

:whistle:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Best team to visit the Amex and a decent away support.

Credit where credit is due. Hope they go up.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Loads of Boro fans in town after who were all polite and happy without gloating. Wished many of them safe travels and a Merry Christmas. Fair play to them today and a brilliant number for an early kick off and 300+ mile round trip.

Double that, 600 mile round trip............

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Met a fair few Boro fans tonight pretty much all of them slagging us off to the hilt.even after I said it was a fair result they kept giving it how they tonked us.came close to properly losing my temper with one of them but walked away.Hope to god they don t go up bunch of wankers.

Dec 29, 2011
Met a fair few Boro fans tonight pretty much all of them slagging us off to the hilt.even after I said it was a fair result they kept giving it how they tonked us.came close to properly losing my temper with one of them but walked away.Hope to god they don t go up bunch of wankers.

Isn't it past your bedtime? You're going to be tired for your paper round tomorrow.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
The best team this season seen at the Amex by a clear margin. Great support as well and decent fans to talk to. Let's hope it is us and Middlesbrough in the top 2 next May. If we had to lose one day and we did I am glad it was to a decent team and people like Middleborough and not some of the Pond Life we have in this division

Yep, no complaints from me, we were undone by the best team in the league who scored early and knew how to hold a lead. We offered nothing on the day which is disappointing but sometimes happens in football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here