Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post match misery guts.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think it probably is. I can think of so many games - like most of last season - where the result was more depressing. And we're still third and only 1 point adrift of the top 2.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Why? We were outplayed by what is clearly the stand out team in division. It happens. Most likely they will progress now and win the division with a few games to spare, and Derby will probably join them.

We have had our moment in the sun; now it is down to sorting the defence, getting new player(s) in Jan, KLL etc back from injury, and go again. Boro and Derby might slip up giving us a chance, else it is cement PO place time.

TBH, it was never much more than this, car crash has been coming. The signs have been there: 2 goals conceded in last three; too many draws; no win by more than a goal. It was great while it lasted, and it may yet come back though personally I think not.

We made history, achieving a run no one would have dreamed of. From the pits of last season, this is glory days.

Put the miserable face back in the cupboard, look in mirror and go again on Boxing Day.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nope, I have no problem with being beaten by a better team whatsoever. And has been mentioned, 3 points off top and one game lost coming up to the halfway point... couldn't have dreamt for more realistically.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Just feel a bit numb this evening.

Impressed with the Boro performance, but expected to see a better match this afternoon.
Very happy with what we have achieved this season, but if we had lost 3-2 this afternoon and seen a decent match I think I would feel a bit better.

Give the opposition more credit - they made us look shocking. That was the best performance I think I have seen by an away team at the Amex.

They made us so scared we couldn't get a corner over the first man,they looked so good it stopped us putting a free kick into the box?(which resulted in first goal) We didn't defend the goals from corners. We gave them the game but i understand we are trying to big boro up to make us feel better. We were very poor as were the home supporters when we needed to up our game.If you watched the game live take another look at the tv coverage.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Impressed with the Boro performance, but expected to see a better match this afternoon.
Very happy with what we have achieved this season, but if we had lost 3-2 this afternoon and seen a decent match I think I would feel a bit better.

Our injury list is starting to hit us big time now, it can't be denied. We don't have the back up to freshen up the team for a game. It is hitting us hard now. And we still have a busy Christmas period ahead and Wilson looked out on his feet at 88 mins. And he is a youngster!! I would possibly suggest that our tank is running very low right now.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

'Boro lost 3-0 to Hull only 7 weeks ago. Results like that happen and don't define a season.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I looked in my near empty pint, stared at the depths of my soul and the border of darkness and despair.

Then, I heard the Sussex brogue around me, I don't live in Croydon and the environs, our side and our ground is in safe hands,

A whistle and a skip later.......:)

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Not depressed at all. I miss the euphoria of winning and the frustration of a draw, but at least our loss was to a decent team. Also we are seriously struggling with injuries to important players.
We are in a handy position, get some injured players back in for selection, and one or two dynamics signed in Jan and I'm confident we'll push on.
A bit disappointed with Murphy....zero input. I had high hopes for him on signing, but he'll need to improve. Certainly not up to Prem standard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here