Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The pitch

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Noticed today that the pitch has been narrowed by about a yard down each side. Guess this is to give opposing wingers less space to exploit with Calderon?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Noticed today that the pitch has been narrowed by about a yard down each side. Guess this is to give opposing wingers less space to exploit with Calderon?

need to knock another 10 yards off our LHS

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I only noticed, yet again, that despite looking wet enough already, we had the sprinklers out once more.

Not that that made one jot of difference to the result of course. 'Boro the best team I've seen us play so far this season by a long chalk.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Pitch has not been the same since the rugby compared to previous seasons.

No alteration in width since the start of the season is permissible.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Pitch has not been the same since the rugby compared to previous seasons.

No alteration in width since the start of the season is permissible.

Thought the same. The difference being 18 stone egg chasers compared with 11 stone weaklings playing on it. :whistle:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Nope, looked at photos from earlier in the Season.

No change to width.

Less grass though.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Poyet was adamant that rugby wouldn't be played on that pitch whilst he was in charge. It does generate good income for the club, but the two RWC games have properly ****ed it this season. Was the income worth it, considering the state it's currently in(compared to previous seasons)?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The width can't be changed mid season

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
They must've moved my seat too then as I'm leve look with the line normally and still was today

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think the rugby is at fault for the pitch. It hasn't been the same since the u21 international which was played in torrential rain and really made a mess of things.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Considering the rugby was played in perfect dry conditions over 160 minutes and it was months ago, I don't think that's the problem. As said it was torn to pieces in the u21 game. Swansea have rugby played at their ground every other week and the pitch is fine.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
From the top of WSU the pitch is looking somewhat bare in patches. Also think this could be a factor with some of our injuries

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
I thought that once the pitch dimensions were submitted then no alterations were allowed during that season.....Certainly the case in other leagues

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here