Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro 1800 strong away support...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Have to say this is great support for a 600m round trip that is on telly with a 5am start needed, a reminder they are one of the biggest clubs in the division

We may have great support at home, but given the same circmstance how many would we have taken to Boro?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How many of them came from Middesbrough?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
628 miles

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Nah, nothing like that, they have a decent London fan club, and I know a few fans who live in Sussex, that said it was an amazing turnout for a stupid o'clock KO, I wonder of now Sky will put the leeds game back to Saturday 3pm kick off now that there is no interest in it.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Why the plaudits? We had it last day of the season last time and have to do it again this season with an early kick off. Will they applaud us for turning up? Will they ****.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Loads of Boro now live down south, saw them getting on at Worthing, Shoreham and Hove.
Very impressive support though and also a decent bunch.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
They must have a lot of exiled fans as they have impressive away numbers but have got small crowds at the Riverside for years.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Jeez, how long are we forever going to be in the so called bigger clubs shadow? Yes it was a good turnout, yes it was a long way to travel, and we will have to make the same journey in 5 months time. How many from their support todey still live in the northeast? Maybe as little as 50 per cent I would guess, look at their home crowds when not playing well.

Are they good fans? Yes. Should we keep doffing our cap? No.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Good numbers and good noise. Easy to make a lot of noise when you go 1 up after 4 minutes.
Worth applauding?? No. Utterly embarrassing as always.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Have to say this is great support for a 600m round trip that is on telly with a 5am start needed, a reminder they are one of the biggest clubs in the division

We may have great support at home, but given the same circmstance how many would we have taken to Boro?

We would have taken about 700 max

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The ones I spoke to came from Maidenhead
Around 10 Boro fans on the 10.30 train out of Eastbourne.

I'm with those who choose to be positive about our support and our part of the country. There is a reason why people leave Middlesbrough and move to the South Coast...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here