Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Walton

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I see he was dropped by Plymouth today. Didn't do well at Bury now this. Cant see him getting another loan deal anywhere if 2 clubs deemed he is not up to it

Jul 7, 2003
I see he was dropped by Plymouth today. Didn't do well at Bury now this. Cant see him getting another loan deal anywhere if 2 clubs deemed he is not up to it

What a load of rubbish. He went to Plymouth as cover when McCormick was injured and dropped to the bench now McCormick is fit again.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
In terms of keepers Walton is still young, and his best years are ahead of him.

He must be doing something right given he always seems to be in his England age group squad.

I wouldn't right him off just yet

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Over hyped on here for sure.
Absolutely, those wanting to drop Stockdale in favour of CW last season, should take a long hard look at themselves.
Sadly they won't.
May not make the grade in any of the 4 divisions. There is only one goalkeeper in any team and opportunities are limited.
England caps but not good enough for any team, having spent his formative years at the very best training facility in the country, seems highly unlikely.

If that were to be the case, a lot of people would have dropped a very large goolie.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Bizarre thread... Went as 2nd choice, first choice back fit and now he's 2nd choice. I'll say what I've always said about him: he's a good young 'keeper but I've not seen enough of him to judge how good he'll be so I'll leave it to the club to decide.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Mid to late 20s are when keepers tend their best years, way too early to write Walton off

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Obviously too early to write him off.

He did put in a couple of decent performances for us, and seemed to show some talent. Yes, calling for him to start ahead of Stockdale was a step too far (and his development needed him to play competitive games, so sitting on the bench as number 2 wasn't the best option). , but there was clearly signs of a good goalkeeper there (his only loss was against Tottenham, and he was the keeper when we started our 22 game cross-season undefeated streak).

Yet dropping down one division led to a poor spell in Bury's team. Well, they're a struggling side, he can't be blamed. Yet there was an upswing in their form when he returned to us injured, and they're now sitting top half of the table.

So, his second loan spell is a division below that in a team doing really well. Their form drops when he takes over in goal. He sits out the game and they get back to winning ways.

It is weird to see how his fortunes have changed, regardless of the extreme hype he received from some posters last season.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Hopefully will come good. As far as age is concerned Preston keeper getting rave reviews

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I am just waiting for someone to explain why any dip in Walton's form (if there is any) is all Dunk's fault

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I am just waiting for someone to explain why any dip in Walton's form (if there is any) is all Dunk's fault

Yeah, you'd think that since no one has blamed dunk for yesterday, or walton, it's almost like perhaps most people only criticise him when he's done something wrong (y'know, like concede a penalty for excessive holding minutes after we've taken the lead, got himself sent off when we're under the cosh, etc).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here