Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Totally outplayed. No complaints.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It turns 'they' were right, the Albion hadn't played anyone decent this season - until now.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Tough side. Manically well organised and powerful. Going behind to them is a nightmare for anyone in this division. Bullied us at set plays and were defensively very good. Hats off to them.
As for us just need to look at bouncing back. This season has been incredible. If someone told me I would not see a defeat till the week before Christmas I would have laughed. Injuries are taking their toll and if we want to stay near the top a few extra quality players are needed. But 3 points off the top at Christmas. Not all bad hey. I would have snapped your hand off

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Best team in the league, no complaints from me.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Yep, our players didn't show up and Boro made it look very easy. They look a very good side.

We desperately need Bong, Rosenior, Baldock and KLL back.

Add to that list Solly March....All were playing so well when they were cut down with injuries. Well played Boro, best team by a mile so far this season. Let's hope we can regroup and stay in the top four for the rest of the season. Second spot still a possibility but Boro seem to be making an early move to win the league.
I predicted tenth this season so even if we made the play offs I would be pleased. Autos not out of the equation yet though.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
They should do well in the Money League. Also, if we must lose I'd rather it was to the joy of supporters who travelled the land for an early start. They'll probably be even friendlier than usual in town later.

Yep also this, what a journey for a 12.30 kick off. Hats off to them. Ba**ard SKY.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Add to that list Solly March....All were playing so well when they were cut down with injuries. Well played Boro, best team by a mile so far this season. Let's hope we can regroup and stay in the top four for the rest of the season. Second spot still a possibility but Boro seem to be making an early move to win the league.
I predicted tenth this season so even if we made the play offs I would be pleased. Autos not out of the equation yet though.

They were better than us today but this is the first time this season they have been above us.
We should aim for top spot as we are quite capable of that.
We had a bad day and our squad hasn't the depth they have. If we have a bit more luck with injuries and get to pick our first choice team more often we can still win this league.

Especially if we strengthen in the window.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Of course, but we won't see Solly until next season for sure.

Still not convinced by Murphy but RVLP is doing a good job of filling in on the right so far.

We're going to need another forward, another winger and another CB in order to stick with the top teams IMO.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Boro were excellent but they have the strength in depth and have spent a lot of money on this squad. They were able to rest four players midweek whereas we had the same team pretty much across all three games. We have had a really tough run and a long injury list so it's not surprising we have had a bad day against the best team in the league.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
:whistle::lolol:
They were better than us today but this is the first time this season they have been above us.
We should aim for top spot as we are quite capable of that.
We had a bad day and our squad hasn't the depth they have. If we have a bit more luck with injuries and get to pick our first choice team more often we can still win this league.

Especially if we strengthen in the window.

Agreed you should always aim high but although we have had an outstanding first half of the season I think we all knew Boro were a tight team with depth in squad some thing (especially with our injury problem) :)we were not. (Boro to lose their next six games then)

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Have to echo all the posts above, shame we didn't have anything to offer and make a game of it.

Soundly beaten by a better team.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Didn't expect us to get anything from this game especially as almost all of our cutting edge players are out injured. I just hope that this brings about an alternative formula utilising what we have got available.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Sorry everyone I predicted a 3 nil win for us only to say the result could be reversed and I would have egg on my face. It's all down to me. Off to get bladdered now

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Well done to the OP.

No point in getting bitter and twisted on the match day thread. We didn't show enough to deserve anything out of that game. It would have been a decent challenge even if we'd been at full strength.

Time to show a bit of class and acknowledge that Boro were tactically superior and out fought us. A few other sides have made us look ordinary at times but Boro looked solid over 90 minutes.

To be fair, part of today's performance was down to us looking tired and out-gunned in most areas of the pitch. Simple defensive errors cost us dearly and Boro had the quality to take their chances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here