Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the train to the Amex free?

Boro BN1

Dec 18, 2015
Morning all,

I've got to pick my ticket up from the stadium and wondered if I need to buy a rail ticket at Brighton station or can I just get on the train without one.

I'm off for a few shants around Trafalgar Street and want to leave as late as possible

:drink:

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
You do need to buy a ticket, as the free travel can only be used by showing your matchday ticket. If youve got proof of purchase for your match ticket though, you could try showing that

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As stated just join the queue at Brighton for the Falmer train as no tickets are checked

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
No need for ticket- not that anyone is encouraging jumping the trains!

Boro BN1

Dec 18, 2015
Cheers everyone. I've printed the email from BHA as proof of purchase of the match ticket

Enjoy the game, See you at the party :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No check at either Brighton going out nor arriving at Falmer.

You'd only have an issue if you were ticketless and had to arrive into Brighton abd then change.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
To confirm. No one checks tickets but just in case, have your voucher ready.
I wouldn't leave it too late as you will have to queue up to collect your ticket. Plenty happening at the stadium and it is safe there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You do need to buy a ticket, as the free travel can only be used by showing your matchday ticket. If youve got proof of purchase for your match ticket though, you could try showing that

Usually you get a guard with common sense and if you say you're getting ticket at ground they will let you on without fuss...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here