Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] CALDERON: WE ARE ROLE MODELS

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The 33-year-old feels the game has not changed too much during his five years playing in England, but feels that clubs are more prepared going into games due to their improved infrastructure.
“I don’t there are too many differences. Every game is difficult and more complicated to win.
“If you look at the fixtures, and you do a bet, the odds won’t tell you anything. The games we think will be easy turn out to be harder and complicated.
“One difference is the teams at the top of the league are winning more games compared to previous seasons. I think the winner of the league this year will finish with more than 80 points.
“Clubs are more advanced now, with scouting and facilities and also the managers are more knowledgeable about the opposition. You can work during the week, doing research on your opponent, so maybe clubs are more tactical, not technical.”
After Albion’s unbeaten start to the season, Calderon admits he had to bide his time to secure a place in the team and is now relishing the prospect of facing Middlesbrough in a top-of-the-table clash.
“At the beginning we started really well; for me personally I found it difficult to get in the team, but that’s something that I can’t complain about.
“I knew that I just had to keep fit, be patient because my chance would come soon, and if you take your chance, then you can stay in the team. I am glad I can now help on the pitch.
“I am looking forward to Saturday. First versus second is always a great game to play in and watch.
“In the last two games we have walked away disappointed because we felt like we’d lost two points in both matches. A win on Saturday would be massive.”
p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here