Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1800 Boro expected today

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Impressive if so given time of year, distance and that it's on the moving television screen.

I, for one, shall stand tall and deliver a non-sarcastic above-head hand clap when the attendance is announced "...including 1817 from Middlesbrough"*

(* - but not if they have the temerity to be leading at the time. They can **** right off if they are)

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Impressive if so given time of year, distance and that it's on the moving television screen.

I, for one, shall stand tall and deliver a non-sarcastic above-head hand clap when the attendance is announced "...including 1817 from Middlesbrough"*

(* - but not if they have the temerity to be leading at the time. They can **** right off if they are)

Exactly right, we should always show appreciation for fans that make the effort, even if we hate them at that very moment that the numbers are announced!!! OK, there is one exception to every rule, but you know what I mean.

6 days before Christmas that is a marathon journey to be making so early in the day. Kudos to the 'Boro fans. :bowdown:

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
My mate is a Boro fan driving down for the game, and left at 2.30 this morning, big numbers coming down he reckoned 2,000, respect to all those traveling smoggies.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
D

i agree with this sentiment however most will be from its London branch:facepalm:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Absolutely;the bit about clapping, I mean! It must have been really annoying for them to hear that the timings had been changed. It also shows the degree of respect which the Albion is afforded that so many realise the importance of the game, even if they are "only" coming from the London area.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
There never seems to be much consideration for geography when they are selecting games to play on the mid-day slot... that must be a very early start

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
And these posts from the Boro board show how they appreciate the Amex difference. All you hard-men who prefer jeering away fans, look away now:-

"Would love to there, just out of hospital after op yesterday so TV for me. For those first timers, lovely ground, made to feel at home- Boro memorabilia, parmos and home supporters who appreciate the efforts made by our fans. Come on Boro!"

"I was reading a thread on northstandchat.com and a couple of their fans have suggested doing the applause thing again in appreciation of the early set off a lot of the Boro have to make. I was there when they did it the other year when they announced how many of us were there. It made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck."

"Seen this mentioned on a couple of other threads, but they look to have a great set up top to bottom, especially catering for fans, both home and away. Its very refreshing to see, and hopefully more clubs will follow suit. I'm very much looking forward to my first trip to the Amex tomorrow, lets just hope that we can do the business on the picth. Not so much looking forward to the 5am start mind."

And these posts from the Boro board show how they appreciate the Amex difference. All you hard-men who prefer jeering away fans, look away now:-

"Would love to there, just out of hospital after op yesterday so TV for me. For those first timers, lovely ground, made to feel at home- Boro memorabilia, parmos and home supporters who appreciate the efforts made by our fans. Come on Boro!"

"I was reading a thread on northstandchat.com and a couple of their fans have suggested doing the applause thing again in appreciation of the early set off a lot of the Boro have to make. I was there when they did it the other year when they announced how many of us were there. It made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck."

"Seen this mentioned on a couple of other threads, but they look to have a great set up top to bottom, especially catering for fans, both home and away. Its very refreshing to see, and hopefully more clubs will follow suit. I'm very much looking forward to my first trip to the Amex tomorrow, lets just hope that we can do the business on the picth. Not so much looking forward to the 5am start mind."

I hope someone has told them about the party too

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
We are the target to be shot at.
It's their Cup Final.
Etc

Can we make every effort to make some NOISE and give the lads the backing they need? If I've got anything to do with it we shall be acquiring THREE MORE POINTS today :banana: :banana: :banana:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here