Sky Bet Championship

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 19th December 2015
Kick-off: 12:30 GMT
Referee: Craig Pawson
Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Andrew Fox
Fourth official: Stuart Attwell

TEAM NEWS

• [*=left]Brighton defender Lewis Dunk is suspended after being booked twice in their 2-2 draw with QPR in midweek.
    [*=left]Fellow defender Uwe Hunemeier could start alongside captain Gordon Greer in defence, while striker Sam Baldock (thigh) has returned to training.
    [*=left]Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka has defended his rotation policy and could make changes again.
    [*=left]Defenders Rhys Williams (Achilles), Damia Abella (cruciate) and Alex Baptiste (leg) remain sidelined.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left] After winning two in a row, the Seagulls are winless in their last three against Boro (D1 L2).
    [*=left]Middlesbrough have won four and lost none of their last six away matches against Brighton.
    [*=left]Brighton have equalled West Ham's post-war second-tier record from 1990-91 of 21 games unbeaten from the start of the season.
    [*=left] The only side to go on a longer unbeaten run in the second tier from the start of the campaign without defeat were Liverpool in 1893-94, who ended the season without a loss (W22 D6).
    [*=left] Boro have gone 457 minutes without conceding a goal in the Championship.
    [*=left]Middlesbrough have won 13 of the 14 games this season in the Championship in which they have taken the lead.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
First goal will be massively important. As stated Middlesbrough have won 13 of the 14 games in which they've taken the lead. On the other hand in the seven games they haven't scored first they've not won at all. In fact, they've had three 0-0 draws so if they concede first, they lose.

I'm very excited about this game, even with six players out. It feels like a proper important game- a big cup game or a play off match. Hopefully we put in another fine performance and come away with a win.

COME ON THE ALBION!!!!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

oneBoroDS

Dec 6, 2015
Can I say how impressed I was with this post, think it is a terrific idea for the thread and as such suggested it to our forum members as a regular feature for future opponents.

The only slight criticism from a Boro perspective is that there is no mention about previous results at your Stadium but hey I am sure no-one needs reminding!

Again very well done to the author of this post

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Can I say how impressed I was with this post, think it is a terrific idea for the thread and as such suggested it to our forum members as a regular feature for future opponents.

The only slight criticism from a Boro perspective is that there is no mention about previous results at your Stadium but hey I am sure no-one needs reminding!

Read the match facts bit. It tells you, quite clearly, how shitty our home record against Boro is. Second bullet point.

And I had forgotten. Cheers.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
703.png
671.png

Brighton v Middlesbrough

Sky Bet Championship

TEAM NEWS

• [*=left]Brighton defender Lewis Dunk is suspended after being booked twice in their 2-2 draw with QPR in midweek.
    [*=left]Fellow defender Uwe Hunemeier could start alongside captain Gordon Greer in defence, while striker Sam Baldock (thigh) has returned to training.
    [*=left]Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka has defended his rotation policy and could make changes again.
    [*=left]Defenders Rhys Williams (Achilles), Damia Abella (cruciate) and Alex Baptiste (leg) remain sidelined.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left] After winning two in a row, the Seagulls are winless in their last three against Boro (D1 L2).
    [*=left]Middlesbrough have won four and lost none of their last six away matches against Brighton.
    [*=left]Brighton have equalled West Ham's post-war second-tier record from 1990-91 of 21 games unbeaten from the start of the season.
    [*=left] The only side to go on a longer unbeaten run in the second tier from the start of the campaign without defeat were Liverpool in 1893-94, who ended the season without a loss (W22 D6).
    [*=left] Boro have gone 457 minutes without conceding a goal in the Championship.
    [*=left]Middlesbrough have won 13 of the 14 games this season in the Championship in which they have taken the lead.

*cough*

oneBoroDS

Dec 6, 2015
Sorry guys should have clarified in that I meant the video feature, I had seen the Opening Post contents

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Read the match facts bit. It tells you, quite clearly, how shitty our home record against Boro is. Second bullet point.

And I had forgotten. Cheers.

And time our home record against Boro started changing. Today is the day. COME ON. :banana:

Dec 6, 2015
First goal will be massively important. As stated Middlesbrough have won 13 of the 14 games in which they've taken the lead. On the other hand in the seven games they haven't scored first they've not won at all. In fact, they've had three 0-0 draws so if they concede first, they lose.

I'm very excited about this game, even with six players out. It feels like a proper important game- a big cup game or a play off match. Hopefully we put in another fine performance and come away with a win.

COME ON THE ALBION!!!!

That's usually the case but we did go 1-0 at Wolves and ended up winning 1-3 but your point still remains, if you get the first goal you'll probably win. If we get the first goal, we'll probably win.

The only game we haven't won when we scored first was Derby away. They had all the possession in the second but just couldn't create anything then a big hopeful long ball ended up with them gaining a scrappy goal. So in my opinion Bobby Z is probably you're best chance.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
703.png
671.png

Brighton v Middlesbrough

Sky Bet Championship

TEAM NEWS

MATCH FACTS

According to the team news we have just two players missing :)
Glad lua lua,rosenior,bong and March are back:glare:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'd be very confident of a victory of we didn't have so many players out. Boro have been very lucky with injuries this season as well which is probably why they've edged ahead of us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would take a draw again. I am cautious though...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Huge game today perhaps the defining one of the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here