Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we were to be promoted would you prefer Palace etc to retain their premiership status

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
If we were to be promoted would you prefer the likes of Palace, Bournemouth and Southampton to retain their premiership status so that we can continue the rivalry in the top flight or would you get more pleasure seeing any of them relegated and passing them on our way up?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Couldn't give a stuff about B'muff of SCC, but would "like" Palace to stay up so we could play them. All a bit academic anyway as I really can't see Palace getting relegated this season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What does it matter? Top priority once promoted is to stay up. Anything else is irrelevant, including Palace.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'd want to play them; what's them point of a rivalry otherwise?

Coincidentally, I came across this thread from the Palace forum below when I googled 'Amex stadium depreciation' only yesterday (to try and get an estimate of how much of our £10m loss would've been exempt from FFP). Not quite sure how/why it came up as a result on the first page, but it's an interesting insight into their view and fear of us:

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=155604&page=1

Last edited:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Get promoted first, then worry about who your playing or not .

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If we were to be promoted would you prefer the likes of Palace, Bournemouth and Southampton to retain their premiership status so that we can continue the rivalry in the top flight or would you get more pleasure seeing any of them relegated and passing them on our way up?

No true Brighton fan could possibly imagine that we have any sort of rivalry with Bournemouth.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here