Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done to BHAFC from a Boro fan

Boro BN1

Dec 18, 2015
Hi everyone,

I've always had a soft spot for Brighton after living here from 1983 to 1987 and now I'm back living here again.

I love the town and the people and I'm beginning to really like the football club. If fact they are my 2nd favourite team now after moving back here after 20 years in Paris.

I saw the Boro at least twice at the Goldstone, once travelling down from the North East and once whilst I lived here. I particularly remember one midweek night game in the middle of a freezing winter and it was tanking down and we were in the open away end. The announcer said over the tannoy "Would the Middlesbrough fans like to make their way over to the main stand seats and get out of the rain". Brilliant! We were like drowned rats.

I'll always remember applauding a couple of Football Specials full of Brighton supporters as they passed through Darlo station on their way to Sid James' Park to knock the jawdees out of the FA Cup as we were on the way to an away match. You had 1000s there that day.

Ex Brighton lad Lennie (Robin) Lawrence is also fondly remembered on Teesside for his time as manager under very difficult circumstances before the Bryan Robson era.

I've been to see the Boro 3 times at the Amex and its brilliant the way the club and fans make the visiting fans welcome. So much so that my 80 year old dad who came down from the NE has adopted Brighton as his 2nd team and my kids who travelled over from Paris with me were blown away with the day.

I can't wait for tomorrow as its the first chance in 30 years that I can see my club play in the adopted town where I live.

No matter what the result, win, lose or draw I hope to see you all at the after-match party and hope you all have a great festive period. Enjoy the game.

Up the Boro and Up the Albion. I hope we both go up

T-T-Teessiders
Sea-Sea-Seasiders

:drink::drink::drink:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Get yourself a half season ticket and watch your second team on the way to promotion.
Now is the time to join the good guys!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Hi everyone,

I've always had a soft spot for Brighton after living here from 1983 to 1987 and now I'm back living here again.

I love the town and the people and I'm beginning to really like the football club. If fact they are my 2nd favourite team now after moving back here after 20 years in Paris.

I saw the Boro at least twice at the Goldstone, once travelling down from the North East and once whilst I lived here. I particularly remember one midweek night game in the middle of a freezing winter and it was tanking down and we were in the open away end. The announcer said over the tannoy "Would the Middlesbrough fans like to make their way over to the main stand seats and get out of the rain". Brilliant! We were like drowned rats.

I'll always remember applauding a couple of Football Specials full of Brighton supporters as they passed through Darlo station on their way to Sid James' Park to knock the jawdees out of the FA Cup as we were on the way to an away match. You had 1000s there that day.

Ex Brighton lad Lennie (Robin) Lawrence is also fondly remembered on Teesside for his time as manager under very difficult circumstances before the Bryan Robson era.

I've been to see the Boro 3 times at the Amex and its brilliant the way the club and fans make the visiting fans welcome. So much so that my 80 year old dad who came down from the NE has adopted Brighton as his 2nd team and my kids who travelled over from Paris with me were blown away with the day.

I can't wait for tomorrow as its the first chance in 30 years that I can see my club play in the adopted town where I live.

No matter what the result, win, lose or draw I hope to see you all at the after-match party and hope you all have a great festive period. Enjoy the game.

T-T-Teessiders
Sea-Sea-Seasiders

Je ne comprends pas

el punal

Hi everyone,

T-T-Teessiders
Sea-Sea-Seasiders

Nice post. Since we've been at the Amex I've found the Boro fans to be a great bunch of lads (and lasses!). Mind you it's probably helped that you've never lost here yet. The journey back home on the train has been a riot over the last few seasons, with muchos vino and beer being drunk and friendly banter exchanged. Long may it continue (but not the last four years of results)!

Enjoy the game and hope we exchange places this time tomorrow! :drink:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Je ne comprends pas
The French is apt. His last three visits have been from Paris... tomorrow will be the first time that watching Boro at The Amex has been a "home" game.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I hope this chap has a splendid day, although this does not include the result !

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Makes a change to read such a nice thread/post from an away fan.

Are you listening at the top of the A23?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hi everyone,

T-T-Teessiders
Sea-Sea-Seasiders

Nice post, but do hope you are crying into your beer at the party after a Christmas STUFFING :)........that said, would love it if Boro and BHA go up (and specifically not Derby). I'm dreaming that we are joint top, both 4 points clear of Derby before the last game of the season and we have a celebratory promotion game to decide the division.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Nice post, but do hope you are crying into your beer at the party after a Christmas STUFFING :)........that said, would love it if Boro and BHA go up (and specifically not Derby). I'm dreaming that we are joint top, both 4 points clear of Derby before the last game of the season and we have a celebratory promotion game to decide the division.

No, no, no. We want to go into the last game with both us and Boro 3 points clear of Derby; Derby having a better goal difference than either of us. We then want Derby to win 3-0, with Boro to be leading 1-0 after 6 minutes of extra time (when the fourth official had indicated 2), when Bobby steps up and equalises at which point the ref turns to the camera, winks and blows up for Full Time. With a live stream to Pride Park with them all on the pitch.

I'd bloody love that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No, no no. We want to go into the last game with both us and Boro 3 points clear of Derby; Derby having a better goal difference than either of us. We then want Derby to win 3-0, with Boro to be leading 1-0 after 6 minutes of extra time (when the fourth official had indicated 2), when Bobby steps up and equalises at which point the ref turns to the camera, winks and blows up for Full Time. With a live stream to Pride Park with them all on the pitch.

I'd bloody love that.

Now you're getting silly :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We never seem to beat Boro. And its on telly. Those two reasons combined mean that the absolute best we'll get tomorrow will be a draw, I am completely ruling out a win. I'd take a draw now were it offered.

There I said it.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm sensing lots of Boro love this year.

Must be football results / xmas build-up / StarWars making everyone feel gooey.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Get yourself a half n half scarf and I'll see you at the party[emoji106] [emoji481]

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
No, no, no. We want to go into the last game with both us and Boro 3 points clear of Derby; Derby having a better goal difference than either of us. We then want Derby to win 3-0, with Boro to be leading 1-0 after 6 minutes of extra time (when the fourth official had indicated 2), when Bobby steps up and equalises at which point the ref turns to the camera, winks and blows up for Full Time. With a live stream to Pride Park with them all on the pitch.

I'd bloody love that.

'It's the stuff of dreams'!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

I'd bloody love that.

Or maybe we could just play out a 0-0 draw to ensure we both get promoted. Not that anyone would really do something as disgusting as that. Oh when the saints.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here