Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Wilson could be recalled by Manchester United "if we are in trouble" says Louis van

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
James Wilson could be recalled by Manchester United "if we are in trouble" says Louis van

Brighton and Hove Albion loan striker James Wilson could be recalled by Manchester United "if we are in trouble" says Louis van Gaal

:eek:

Louis van Gaal has suggested Manchester United have no immediate plans to recall striker James Wilson from his loan spell at Albion.

:thumbsup:
The United boss said today: "We have sent him to Brighton because he needs match rhythm and he has to show his qualities.

"We have extended his contract because of his qualities and we believe in him. If we are in trouble we can recall him."
The Argus website revealed yesterday that United reserve coach Warren Joyce had hinted at Wilson seeing out his stay with the Seagulls.

Two-goal Wilson makes his fifth appearance for Albion in tomorrow's top-of-the-table tussle at home to Middlesbrough, after which United have the option of invoking the recall option on his season-long youth loan.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So Naylor is telling us nothing we don't already know.

Not the first time I guess.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It's just rehashing the same bit of news in different ways, we all know the recall clause is there. We don't know what LVG would consider being in trouble. My guess would be running out of fit recognised strikers. With Rooney due back that should ease somewhat for a while and hopefully they will be active in January in the transfer market.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
LVG admitting defeat if he needs to recall Wilson to save their season.

I for one doubt his ego will allow him to do it.

el punal

Brighton and Hove Albion loan striker James Wilson could be recalled by Manchester United "if we are in trouble" says Louis van Gaal

:eek:

Louis van Gaal has suggested Manchester United have no immediate plans to recall striker James Wilson from his loan spell at Albion.

:thumbsup:
The United boss said today: "We have sent him to Brighton because he needs match rhythm and he has to show his qualities.

"We have extended his contract because of his qualities and we believe in him. If we are in trouble we can recall him."
The Argus website revealed yesterday that United reserve coach Warren Joyce had hinted at Wilson seeing out his stay with the Seagulls.

Two-goal Wilson makes his fifth appearance for Albion in tomorrow's top-of-the-table tussle at home to Middlesbrough, after which United have the option of invoking the recall option on his season-long youth loan.

Well, just hope that Man.Utd. go on a wonderful winning streak, scoring for fun, and forget that young Mr. Wilson has gone south.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sons mate phoned and said he read or heard last night that United have said they will recall Wilson as soon as they can . Anybody else heard or read this or is it just a rumour with no substance.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sons mate phoned and said he read or heard last night that United have said they will recall Wilson as soon as they can
Watching the last couple of games, do you think Wilson was the stand out player, good enough to help out Utd?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sons mate phoned and said he read or heard last night that United have said they will recall Wilson as soon as they can . Anybody else heard or read this or is it just a rumour with no substance.

So Football rumours then.

Lovely stuff.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I would guess it's just someone who's read or hears that the clause is there. I can't imagine Wilson being a Mourinho type player either for when he takes LVG job

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think he has shown that given the right support he is very good infront of goal. I think that he lacked that support at QPR and at Boro...

In short Bobby Zee should have started is what you are saying in a roundabout way, without making assumptions or putting words in your mouth of course.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think he has shown that given the right support he is very good infront of goal. I think that he lacked that support at QPR and at Boro...
No but like CMS and Baldock before him hasnt been given the ammunition with which to fire.
Is that all he is, a poacher who needs it gift wrapped? Surely he needs to make the runs and get the space, or go and get the ball himself to make something happen? I'm not criticising him for what he offers at our level, but if I was a Utd fan I wouldn't be calling for him after watching the last two televised matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here