Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your WORST Albion front pairing in this division?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
After hearing The Bloke Behind Me (TBBM) at Loftus Road declare that Hemed and Wilson were the worse striking partnership he had EVER seen for the Albion at this level, who would be your nominations? This was in the middle of a 90 minute whinge about all things to do with the club, as TBBM seemed to have nothing positive to say about life in general.

I would nominate McCammon and Turienzo away to Luton in 2005, or Wilkinson and Marney away to Rotherham in 2002

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
My first thought was McCammon and someone and as you also mentioned under Hinshelwood and early Coppell we had Wilkinson & Marney.

I think you've correctly answered your own question.

As a stand alone striker or in his case a stand still striker Billy Paynter was awful and of course Leon Best but they would have played with someone half decent and not as equally as poor as themselves.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Billy Paynter as a lone striker in a home game would take some beating - especially given the DRIZZLING SHITS that the aforementioned strike partnerships were

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I don't think I've ever been safer in the knowledge that a player wouldn't score than watching Joe Gatting. That went for the county ground too.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Spoilt for choice.. How about Raphael Mead and I cant remember who was up front with him in around 1990.

If he played upfront with Mark Farrington then I think we have a winner

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
After hearing The Bloke Behind Me (TBBM) at Loftus Road declare that Hemed and Wilson were the worse striking partnership he had EVER seen for the Albion at this level.

He can't have been to more than one game.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Mark Farrington and Andy Kennedy.

Jesus wept.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think you're all looking too far back into the past for the worst partnership. How about COG and Shamir Fenelon as our front two on the opening day of last season?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Vicente in the rain.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think you're all looking too far back into the past for the worst partnership. How about COG and Shamir Fenelon as our front two on the opening day of last season?

Is the right answer. I was trying to remember who Fenelon partnered that afternoon - the fact it was CoG seals the deal.

The writing was on the wall. The season was already a complete writeoff from that moment on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here