Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the reggae fans on here

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
One of the Apple Music categories has thrown up a band I have only heard of and not listened to...Burning Spear!

Hells bells they are bloody excellent.

Check em out. I wonder if big al will play something of theirs on Saturday?

:rave::rave::rave:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Better late than never I'm sure most reggae fans will be aware of Marcus Garvey and Garvey's Ghost as well as other albums

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
thanks guys . I assumed they were a band. Really good stuff though. I was more into marley/ Black Uhuru, third World, Inner Circle, Misty in Roots, that sort of thing

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
One of the Apple Music categories has thrown up a band I have only heard of and not listened to...Burning Spear!

Hells bells they are bloody excellent.

Check em out. I wonder if big al will play something of theirs on Saturday?

:rave::rave::rave:

They are fantastic live, saw them a few years back when supporting Elton John at the old Wembley.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Seen Burning Spear a couple of times. My favourite reggae by quite a long way.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
thanks guys . I assumed they were a band. Really good stuff though. I was more into marley/ Black Uhuru, third World, Inner Circle, Misty in Roots, that sort of thing

Unbelievable, when the whole world is Africa, you haven't even tried Jah love, you sweat bad boys. Then it takes you how long,400 years ? talk about the wise and the foolish.

Did you see what I did there?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Unbelievable, when the whole world is Africa, you haven't even tried Jah love, you sweat bad boys. Then it takes you how long,400 years ? talk about the wise and the foolish.

Did you see what I did there?

Sorry I am a simple man and can't decide if you are a complete tossor or trying to be clever

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Winston Rodney.

The band has the sort of brass section that makes an idiot like me want to learn to play a saxophone. Failed miserably.
Singing Jah No dead in the film Rockers is as far as im concerned the best moment of the film.

Ive got some stuff ill post it up later.

Not entirely sure how you managed not to have listened to them before though haha.
One of reggaes legendary roots bands.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
The way is long and the road is far too foggy.

Love Burning Spear - Social Living lp is glorious.

The track - Civilisation is outstanding and their dub collections are superb. Looking forward to all the treats Dave is promising us....Go Dave. about time the all things reggae thread got a new lease of life.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
One of my all time favorite acts of any genre.

Marcus Garvey, Man In The Hills and Hail H.I.M are unreal albums. A lot of other good stuff in the discography as well.

Not sure the thread title is correct, I don't think you have to be much of a reggae fan to appreciate Burning Spear.

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Nobody really comes close to the old artists in reggae. Its good to see some new emerging talent at last. Think 'Midnite' from the Virgin Islands is making a name of himself. Sometimes, he bores me to death, other times I think outstanding. Think it must be a mood thing. Band always tight though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here