Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alan Shearer's latest words of wisdom...

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
"Eden Hazard - last year's player of the season - wouldn't even get in a second division team now, the way he is playing".
OK Alan. :smile:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
He's the master of totally empty cliches, which seem to make up 99% of his 'analysis'. I've never watched any of his pieces on TV or read any of his articles and thought: 'you know what, that's really interesting Alan, that's really good insight.'

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
"Eden Hazard - last year's player of the season - wouldn't even get in a second division team now, the way he is playing".
OK Alan. [emoji2]
I thought that was a Shearer classic as well.

Also enjoyable was Chris Sutton commenting on the atmosphere and egos within the Chelsea dressing room at the moment. Considering that this is the same Chris Sutton who played for Chelsea for one season 15 years ago I'm curious as to how he would have gleaned such an insight.

It's almost like there's a book of useful clichés for ex-pros to use when they've got nothing worth saying in the first place.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Shearer is not as bad as some ex pro's, and at least he can say he did it at the highest level.....imagine the " insights " we might get from Beckham ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
More importantly, what is this '2nd Division' that he refers to? Is this proof that some people can't see further than the team in 20th place in the English pyramid of football?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Shearer is not as bad as some ex pro's, and at least he can say he did it at the highest level.....imagine the " insights " we might get from Beckham ?

But Beckham isn't a pundit? (And he did it at the highest level. Higher that Shearer.)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
But Beckham isn't a pundit? (And he did it at the highest level. Higher that Shearer.)

1,Fortunately not.
2, Struggling to see how much higher you can go after captain of England ?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
More importantly, what is this '2nd Division' that he refers to? Is this proof that some people can't see further than the team in 20th place in the English pyramid of football?

We are in the second division.
Who cares what the FA & FL call the divisions, they are 1, 2, 3, 4.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
1,Fortunately not.

Spent the best part of his career playing champions league football for the biggest clubs in the world.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We are in the second division.
Who cares what the FA & FL call the divisions, they are 1, 2, 3, 4.

That's fine as long as he refers to the Premier league as division 1!!!

I doubt there is any pundit that goes along with your (and mine) assessment though.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
1,Fortunately not.

Beckham played in Spain and Italy too. (Not to mention won more titles)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Beckham played in Spain and Italy too. (Not to mention won more titles)

Wow !.... next you will be saying he sometimes played the full 90 minutes.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Wow !.... next you will be saying he sometimes played the full 90 minutes.

He won the league in Spain? I realise Italy was a short term thing, but he went there and he played a part in one of Europe's top leagues. I'm not sure why the hell I'm bothering with this but he clearly did far more in his career than Shearer ever did.

And he isn't a pundit anyway.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He won the league in Spain? I realise Italy was a short term thing, but he went there and he played a part in one of Europe's top leagues. I'm not sure why the hell I'm bothering with this but he clearly did far more in his career than Shearer ever did.

And he isn't a pundit anyway.

Don't let that stop you from ramping my original, long forgotten comments, into a binfest though :facepalm:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Don't let that stop you from ramping my original, long forgotten comments, into a binfest though :facepalm:

erm ok.

Shearer is an awful pundit.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I see it the opposite in an "old school proper football" kind of way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here