Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-pre-boroi-l229-2857074_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 18th December 2015
by Benedict Spalding
It almost seems that the very next game appears to be our biggest test of the season."
Chris Hughton
At his pre-match press conference, Chris Hughton delivered the team news, spoke about the ten-point gap between Albion and seventh place, the quality possessed by the league’s top sides, and praised the team’s ability to still pick up results despite a number of injuries.
dunk-240815-l229-2644622.jpg

Team News: “From Tuesday’s game we’re fine. Lewis Dunk misses the game through suspension, but with regards to injuries, no fresh ones. Sam Baldock and Kazenga LuaLua both return to training next week.
“It’s a massive plus for us to have Andrew Crofts back. He came through a good period for us this season and then picked up a slight injury that set him back a little bit. It’s certainly good to have someone of his quality and experience back in the squad.”
The gap over seventh place: “The gap is important to our season. From our point of view, we embarked on this campaign wanting to challenge for the play-offs. The position where we finished last season meant it was essential that we put ourselves in a place where we could do well enough to challenge for the top six and be competitive.
“What we’ve managed to do is better than that. We’ve deserved it and have been competitive enough all season, but it’s a vital period and we’ve come through two very tough away games. These next three games would have a say in whether we manage to stay in that top group of teams.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Championship's top teams: “The league table doesn’t lie and the top group of teams are very good and very competitive. What we have faced are teams that have been at the top end season after season. Derby were very close the season before, but just fell away a little bit towards the end. We know where QPR were last season and Middlesbrough got to the play-off final.
“It almost seems that the very next game appears to be our biggest test of the season. I probably see this as no different.* Middlesbrough are up there because of the quality they have got, the way they have recruited in the summer and where they were last season. I think this will be our toughest test.”
march-injury-l229-2853660.jpg

Squad coping with injuries: “One thing I have mentioned in my programme notes is that we’ve had five players out injured, who were all regulars in the team. The results we’ve managed to get since then shows how much and desire and competition within the squad, because there hasn’t been too much change with what we’ve seen on the pitch. I think that’s down to a real desire from the team to want to do well. At the minute, it’s a testament to the players because they’ve dealt with it well."

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 19TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

[h=3]ALBION V IPSWICH TOWN
[/h]TUESDAY 29TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS**
[/h]FRIDAY 1ST JANUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here