Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PC advice - removing banners from microsoft office

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Hi guys

On my laptop I have installed Microsoft office and am running Windows 8. In the last week or so every time I open a Word or Excel or Email file I get a banner stating : 'Get the new Office - See What's New - Update Office'

I can click the cross at the right side of this line to close it but can anyone advise me how to stop this from coming up every time I open a Word or Excel file - it's bloody irritating. I presume it's somewhere in settings but I'm not sure how to find it.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Andy

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Hi guys

On my laptop I have installed Microsoft office and am running Windows 8. In the last week or so every time I open a Word or Excel or Email file I get a banner stating : 'Get the new Office - See What's New - Update Office'

I can click the cross at the right side of this line to close it but can anyone advise me how to stop this from coming up every time I open a Word or Excel file - it's bloody irritating. I presume it's somewhere in settings but I'm not sure how to find it.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Andy

Google it. The Windows 10 advert which keeps popping up in Windows 8 is automatic update (KB3035583 if I remember correctly) and uninstalling this windows update stopped the Windows 10 nags. I'm sure there is an Office update which controls what you are seeing (I have Office 365 so am on the new Office), you just need to know what the update code is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here