Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowd for Middlesbrough

I can't remember the last time when we were involved in a six pointer, against the pre season favourites with us both sitting at the top of the tree.

Had this not been on the telly, not been 6 days before Christmas then this would surely have been a sellout.

I've not had a count up (yet) but tickets seem to be selling well (not as well as Birmingham, but I understand there was an offer for that game?) and there are only front/corners seats in the north.

I notice Boro's allocation was about 1800 (with the option of more) so I would suggest this would mean at least half of S1F is also available, should we need it.

Will there be a last minute rush, when those who have not yet digested quite how important this game is eventually realise it's enormity?

I'm also guessing that tomorrow is an earlier than normal pay day for those on monthly pay?

I'm guessing 26500 which I think will be the 2nd biggest gate of the season.

There is an after party to look forward to now too so no excuses!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I can't remember the last time when we were involved in a six pointer, against the pre season favourites with us both sitting at the top of the tree.

Had this not been on the telly, not been 6 days before Christmas then this would surely have been a sellout.

I've not had a count up (yet) but tickets seem to be selling well (not as well as Birmingham, but I understand there was an offer for that game?) and there are only front/corners seats in the north.

I notice Boro's allocation was about 1800 (with the option of more) so I would suggest this would mean at least half of S1F is also available, should we need it.

Will there be a last minute rush, when those who have not yet digested quite how important this game is eventually realise it's enormity?

I'm also guessing that tomorrow is an earlier than normal pay day for those on monthly pay?

The reasons you have given will sadly mean that the crowd is not as good as it could be - or should be. I am trying to sneak out; my Mrs has a meltdown if I go to a sky match. To be fair, she does have a point; we pay for sky and then double if I go to the game. As yet she does not know it is being televised and all relatives/football-friendly neighbours have been sworn to silence, so don't split on me!

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley

Not long ago, actually: on 12th September, 2nd placed Hull came to us, a win would have seen them depose us at the top, however we beat them 1-0

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's the biggest shopping day before Christmas.

A low actual crowd, with empty season ticket seats being counted as full.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
!

Can you please explain why this match is a ' six pointer ' ?

It's not a term I use or really fully understand it's meaning, does it apply when both teams are currently on the same number of points?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
This may be the one game where recognition, if not extending to actual applause, of the early start of away travellers should be present. Still their choice mind, and we had to do it last term and this.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This may be the one game where recognition, if not extending to actual applause, of the early start of away travellers should be present. Still their choice mind, and we had to do it last term and this.

Couldn't agree more and I'm not a fan of the applause thing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As it is, a week before Chrimbo and on telly, it'll be 24,500 - both announced and in the ground.

Had it been a week later, a holiday, after Christmas, top two, and not on telly, there is a chance it might have actually sold out, certainly 28,000 minimum.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
As it is, a week before Chrimbo and on telly, it'll be 24,500 - both announced and in the ground.

Had it been a week later, a holiday, after Christmas, top two, and not on telly, there is a chance it might have actually sold out, certainly 28,000 minimum.

So no STHs will choose to stay at home/pub and watch on TV? Unlikely.

I reckon 24,800 announced but significantly less than that in the ground (21k).

PG

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Can you please explain why this match is a ' six pointer ' ?

It's not a term I use or really fully understand it's meaning, does it apply when both teams are currently on the same number of points?

noun
(informal) a football match between two teams in similar positions in the league table, considered as being worth six points as it not only gains the winning team three points but denies three points to the losing team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here