Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Clark and our unbeaten run

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lee Clark doesn't seem to understand what the word "invincibles" means.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
<sigh>

He makes a genuine point that we will struggle to match arsenal's record, but of course our fans have to resort to type. Class guys!

What 'type' is that? The team aren't bothered about records, as Hughton has rightly said. One match at a time. I thought we would get beaten by Reading two months ago.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Say what you want about his record, but the guy showed class in getting his Huddersfield players to give Gus's League One champions a guard of honour in the final match at Withdean, unlike the highly unclassy Adkins and Southampton in the previous game.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I work with a serious Birmingham fan. If Lee Clarkes name comes up in conversation I can guarantee the next sentence contains a minimum of 3 profanity and always useless and fat.

One of Lee Clarkes records is the number of home games Birmingham went without a win. Funny he never mentions that. The only reason that didn't go on longer was Sami and his clueless bunch of buffoons.

To be fair, I know a guy who worked under Lee Clarke at Birmingham at the time, he said that Clarke was generally a decent manager but had a lot of incompetent staff members around him and no budget to work with because they were still paying some of their ex-prem players around 60k a week.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Say what you want about his record, but the guy showed class in getting his Huddersfield players to give Gus's League One champions a guard of honour in the final match at Withdean, unlike the highly unclassy Adkins and Southampton in the previous game.

That was despite whinging at the Galpharm, that our management team were supposedly waving 'imaginary cards' at the referee, trying to get one of his players sent off.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
That was despite whinging at the Galpharm, that our management team were supposedly waving 'imaginary cards' at the referee, trying to get one of his players sent off.

In hindsight, he probably had a point. I wouldn't have put it past Gus and Tanno to buy their own cards and wave them around on the sidelines. We got about 78 penalties that season and had a number of extras from the cast of Platoon.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In hindsight, he probably had a point. I wouldn't have put it past Gus and Tanno to buy their own cards and wave them around on the sidelines. We got about 78 penalties that season and had a number of extras from the cast of Platoon.

I was at that game and it was a horrendous tackle. There were arms up in the air, but no 'waving of imaginary cards'.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was at that game and it was a horrendous tackle. There were arms up in the air, but no 'waving of imaginary cards'.

I was at that game too, and both Gus and Tanno were waving what most people thought were imaginary red cards, which incensed the Town fans. I thought that was a bit harsh though, and thought our own version of the Chuckle Brothers were only waving imaginary yellow cards instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here