Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Clark and our unbeaten run

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Said it will be difficult for the Albion to emulate his Invincibles and Arsenal's similar achievement. Wished us all the best. Said we played an entertaining brand of football. Hoped to be back in football in the not too distant future.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I quite like Lee Clark - he always seems to be saying nice things about the Albion. He's had some bad luck as manager: sacked from Huddersfield after a nearly 50% win ratio and then spells at two basket case clubs. I see he's favourite for Luton job, good to see him back

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Lee Clark is a clueless buffoon who struggled to get a club with a very good budget for the third tier promoted. Even comparing his 'accomplishment' with that of Arsenal's is quite frankly ridiculous. Other than that, cheers for the well-wishes, Lee.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Said it will be difficult for the Albion to emulate his Invincibles and Arsenal's similar achievement. Wished us all the best. Said we played an entertaining brand of football. Hoped to be back in football in the not too distant future.

Fair enough. Not particularly news-worthy, maybe, but I don't understand the hostility some people have towards him. Decent, if not brilliant, lower league manager.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Think it was unbeaten over 43 games. He is really stating the obvious, ie that it will be hard for us to match that. Don't see the problem in what he has said.

It was unbeaten over 43 games but they conveniently left out the defeat in the playoffs.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It was unbeaten over 43 league games: should we conveniently leave out our defeat by Walsall?

League cup which is a different competition. We aren't counting the Southend game in with our total. I know some people who regard the playoffs as part of the League.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Tedious, over rated oaf. He always conveniently forgets that rather important loss to Peterborough.

He really isn't a good manager. He ultimately failed at Huddersfield by not getting them promoted despite a huge budget for the division. Simon Grayson got them promoted immediately after he took over, and Birmingham have improved dramatically since Clark left.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I quite like Lee Clark - he always seems to be saying nice things about the Albion. He's had some bad luck as manager: sacked from Huddersfield after a nearly 50% win ratio and then spells at two basket case clubs. I see he's favourite for Luton job, good to see him back

He does seem to yes. Infact he comes across in interviews as quite nice. On the touchline however he looks a bit of a loon.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I work with a serious Birmingham fan. If Lee Clarkes name comes up in conversation I can guarantee the next sentence contains a minimum of 3 profanity and always useless and fat.

One of Lee Clarkes records is the number of home games Birmingham went without a win. Funny he never mentions that. The only reason that didn't go on longer was Sami and his clueless bunch of buffoons.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It was unbeaten over 43 games but they conveniently left out the defeat in the playoffs.

<sigh>

He makes a genuine point that we will struggle to match arsenal's record, but of course our fans have to resort to type. Class guys!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here