Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stupid Question of the Day #47

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I always find the "What if" and "if only we had.... " threads on here a bit irritating, mainly because "We didn't, so what's the point........."

But I thought I would try and get in to the swing of it by posing a question of my own.

If we draw with Middlesbrough on saturday, but score 7 (seven) more goals than them, will we go top on alphabetical order?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Most stupid question ever.

On an away day to Swansea I asked everyone in the car "What river does the Severn bridge go over" :facepalm:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
No.

We would go top because we'd scored more goals than them over the season.

Sorry if that's too sensible.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
That and the fact that it's hard to draw with a team you outscore by seven goals...

I'm thinking we'll win 7-0, get a two-point penalty for over-celebrating, and Boro will get a bonus point for their long journey.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm thinking we'll win 7-0, get a two-point penalty for over-celebrating, and Boro will get a bonus point for their long journey.

That was my original envisaged scenario exactly.

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
That was my original envisaged scenario exactly.

For reference between now and end of season. Staying unbeaten could be useful!

At the end of each Season the Club in each Division scoring the highest number of points shall be declared the Champion Club of that Division. Three points shall be awarded for each League Match won. One point will be awarded to each Club for a drawn match. If two or more Clubs have scored the same number of points their position in the Division shall be determined on goal difference, that is to say, the difference between the total number of goals scored by and against a Club in League Matches in that Season, and the higher or highest placed Club shall be the Club with the highest goal difference. If any two or more Clubs have scored the same number of points and have the same goal difference the higher or highest placed Club shall be the Club having scored the most goals in League Matches in that Season.

If two or more Clubs have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored the highest placed Club shall be determined by the respective League records against each other, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference and goals scored. If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs, then the Clubs concerned shall play off a deciding League Match or Matches under arrangements approved by the Board on a neutral ground

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Could only be short lived if we draw and either Derby win, or Hull win by 2 then the 7 goal draw doesn't give us top spot.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If we score 7 and still draw, then Boro MUST have also scored 7.
Which means both of our goals scored tally goes up by 7 but GD remains the same.
We cannot overtake them in anyway if we draw .....

Or am I missing something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here