Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion chairman ready to spend to deliver Premier League dream....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
From The Argus...

Tony Bloom has told fans Albion are on the hunt for quality signings in January.
The Seagulls chairman wants his Championship high flyers to “strengthen from a position of strength” as they continue their promotion push.

Bloom, is also keen to cover for absence for the rest of the season of Solly March, who has a serious knee injury.
He admitted: “Between now and the January transfer window there could be more injuries.
“We as a recruitment team are very well prepared looking at all angles.
“We certainly will be looking in January to strengthen the team.
“We don’t have to do anything. We’ve got a great squad.

“But we are in an unbelievably good position.
“Strengthening from a position of strength makes a lot of sense to me.
“Assuming we get the players in that we want – there’s no point bringing players in for the sake of it – bringing players in of the right quality, as we have done recently with the two loans certainly makes good sense.”

In the interview for seagulls.player.co.uk, Bloom said: “We’ve got to keep our feet on the ground.
“There’s a long way to go and there are a lot of good teams right behind us.
“I’m really impressed with the focus and the concentration and character of Chris and his team.”

Sounds very promising don't ya think people....

:bowdown:

Time to go all in Mr Bloom....

Attachments

• 19521e52c1.jpg
    19521e52c1.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 3,339
Last edited:

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I think Uncle Tone needs a holiday - he looks knackered, the poor chap.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A touch? Totally rat-arsed, more like. He wasn't in the away end at QPR abusing female Albion fans, was he? Disgraceful, if so.

​*Disclaimer* - it's a joke, ffs.
No but Dick Knight was.

* in the away end at QPR that is, not sure if was abusing female Albion fans. I screamed at him "it's Dick Knight!" and then forgot what I was going to say. Felt a bit of a plum. I should at the very least ask him what he had done with all the Cardiff play-off 2004 money.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
From The Argus...

Tony Bloom has told fans Albion are on the hunt for quality signings in January.
The Seagulls chairman wants his Championship high flyers to “strengthen from a position of strength” as they continue their promotion push.

Bloom, is also keen to cover for absence for the rest of the season of Solly March, who has a serious knee injury.
He admitted: “Between now and the January transfer window there could be more injuries.
“We as a recruitment team are very well prepared looking at all angles.
“We certainly will be looking in January to strengthen the team.
“We don’t have to do anything. We’ve got a great squad.

“But we are in an unbelievably good position.
“Strengthening from a position of strength makes a lot of sense to me.
“Assuming we get the players in that we want – there’s no point bringing players in for the sake of it – bringing players in of the right quality, as we have done recently with the two loans certainly makes good sense.”

In the interview for seagulls.player.co.uk, Bloom said: “We’ve got to keep our feet on the ground.
“There’s a long way to go and there are a lot of good teams right behind us.
“I’m really impressed with the focus and the concentration and character of Chris and his team.”

Sounds very promising don't ya think people....

:bowdown:

Time to go all in Mr Bloom....

Yes, it looks as if he is going to spend, contrary to what he always said about January -perhaps as we are in a position of strength it will be worthwhile -obviously potential recruits will look to the fact that we have a very good chance and will be looking to line their pocket next year - fair enough, as who could say they would react any differently. It could be an expensive January, however, as players capable of helping us to get to the promised land also have to be good enough FOR the promised land, and I am sure that they don't come cheaply, though there are bargains to be had for an astute recruitment team e.g. kayal. There is little point in getting someone in, who is only good enough at the present level, and the Albion are paying him next year thousands to warm up the bench, at best. But it does seem as if this time we are really going for it, and an exciting 6 months lie in store. New faces, which will hopefully strengthen and fit in, good players returning from injury, three other teams who may well be neck and neck, and hopefully growing crowds - it could be that the excitement of the rest of the season will live us all forever.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
No but Dick Knight was.

* in the away end at QPR that is, not sure if was abusing female Albion fans. I screamed at him "it's Dick Knight!" and then forgot what I was going to say. Felt a bit of a plum. I should at the very least ask him what he had done with all the Cardiff play-off 2004 money.

FDM was also in the away end & I'm pretty sure that he wasn't abusing female Albion fans either.

larus

Yes, it looks as if he is going to spend, contrary to what he always said about January -perhaps as we are in a position of strength it will be worthwhile -obviously potential recruits will look to the fact that we have a very good chance and will be looking to line their pocket next year - fair enough, as who could say they would react any differently. It could be an expensive January, however, as players capable of helping us to get to the promised land also have to be good enough FOR the promised land, and I am sure that they don't come cheaply, though there are bargains to be had for an astute recruitment team e.g. kayal. There is little point in getting someone in, who is only good enough at the present level, and the Albion are paying him next year thousands to warm up the bench, at best. But it does seem as if this time we are really going for it, and an exciting 6 months lie in store. New faces, which will hopefully strengthen and fit in, good players returning from injury, three other teams who may well be neck and neck, and hopefully growing crowds - it could be that the excitement of the rest of the season will live us all forever.

My sentiments exactly. Bloom is very astute. He's very aware of the injuries we have incurred, and knows that the money for promotion is huge. I very much believe we'll be surprised by some of our dealings next month.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
My sentiments exactly. Bloom is very astute. He's very aware of the injuries we have incurred, and knows that the money for promotion is huge. I very much believe we'll be surprised by some of our dealings next month.

I am sure that you are right here. Depending on the injury situation, and obviously results over the next three weeks,TB's bargaining position might be less strong, if we are desperate to plug gaps ASAP rather than the usual brinkmanship which might go to 11.55 pm on January 31st. Whatever -a roller-coaster ride awaits us all - seats belts on!

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I think we deffo need another top quality midfielder to ensure we dont lose that dynamism if/when Kayal/Stephens get an injury or suspension.

I would look at a left back obviously, and another attacking player of some sort, whether wide or central.... just someone who is a goal threat.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here