Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The official Keep Britain in the EU thread ***

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It seems Cameron's EU talks are now coming to a head and the for and against campaign teams are assembled so I thought now is the right time to start the pro-EU debate/campaign on NSC.

For worker's rights, for the UK economy, for the greatness of Great Britain let's stay in the EU as a willing and active partner steering the UK and Europe onto better things. We're culturally and financially better off within. Let's stay.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 628
Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It seems Cameron's EU talks are now coming to a head and the for and against campaign teams are assembled so I thought now is the right time to start the pro-EU debate/campaign on NSC.

For worker's rights, for the UK economy, for the greatness of Great Britain and for trains than run on time let's stay in the EU as a willing and active partner steering the UK and Europe onto better things. We're culturally and financially better off within. Let's stay.

Amen to that.

Can I be a founder member of your club please?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Our trains don't run on time though ...... and good :fishing:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nothing will be decided until February.

Thread moved to 'Other Stuff' within 200 posts :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't actually care one way or the other, I do not see any direct impact on my life.

That's fine. But via this thread hopefully we can show you how it positively impacts your life.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Without the Euro, of course. We have to stay.

Met someone from Mongolia last year in Nepal. I asked if they had been to The EU.
" No, we are waiting for it to come to us", they answered.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Absolutely stay in.

With all the stuff about Tim Peake, our latest astronaut, over the last few days, and our glorious Prime Minister saying yesterday in the House what a triumph for British space exploration this is, there is a very interesting article in the Guardian today by Simon Jenkins pointing out that:
1. We have only put something like £16million in to the International Space station programme altogether...... and
2. He is actually there thanks to the European Space Agency, so all the schoolkids who are waving Union jacks perhaps should actually be waving European Flags... and
3. This is actually the 373rd flight to the International Space Station, so where were we for the other 372.

Of course, if we were by ourselves and not in Europe, the money we would have saved would mean that we would have colonised Pluto by now.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

For worker's rights, for the UK economy, for the greatness of Great Britain let's stay in the EU as a willing and active partner steering the UK and Europe onto better things. We're culturally and financially better off within. Let's stay.

Some of the arguments against are very compelling but willing to be convinced otherwise. Can you provide a few concrete examples or a few facts to flesh out that rather vague list of platitudinous 'better off within' reasons?

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
My gut instinct is to vote to come out of the EU, however, I could be convinced either way with a well thought out and reasoned argument. Bring on the debate, my vote is up for grabs.

larus

Firmly in the out camp. This is the organisation that has:
Never had it's accounts signed off.
Tells countries that vote against it's agenda to vote again until they make the right choice.
Installs technocrats into countries that dare to not adopt the EU line.
Relies on fudging things and won't face the reality on the Euro.
Is removing democracy from the citizens.

Not for me thanks.
Europe as a free-trade area? Yes please , all day long.
Europe pulling together on defence, etc. Again, another big yes.
Europe as a superstate. No thanks.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Will be voting in. The most important vote of my lifetime so far. The UK can claim its rightful place at the top table of Europe and make the EU work for the UK, or it can unilaterally surrender its influence and watch France and Germany make rules that we will have to swallow anyway.

If you want the UK to be more than a big Norway without the oil vote leave, if you have a semblance of ambition for this country vote stay.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some of the arguments against are very compelling but willing to be convinced otherwise. Can you provide a few concrete examples or a few facts to flesh out that rather vague list of platitudinous 'better off within' reasons?

It very difficult to just come out with some examples without a specific question. It's a bit like someone asking me where to go in Berlin. I need some detail. I'm happy to engage but need some specifics. Fire away!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Will be voting in. The most important vote of my lifetime so far. The UK can claim its rightful place at the top table of Europe and make the EU work for the UK, or it can unilaterally surrender its influence and watch France and Germany make rules that we will have to swallow anyway.

If you want the UK to be more than a big Norway without the oil vote leave, if you have a semblance of ambition for this country vote stay.

Well put.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here