Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yep. A tenner from me.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why? It is not as if they are badly paid and on the bread line is it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No, and most of them are men if not all f them so why the politically correct "boys and girls".

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
NO i don't have refuse collection and have to put rubbish in a communal bin so nobody to tip really

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I will be working as usual today dealing with the public and doing a job for which I get paid. No one will drop me a tenner today so I wont be passing it on.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Yes..although not Brighton Lot...Lewes Refuse collectors V Good,go beyond call of duty .

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, there are some right Scrooges on this thread.

We've had a big clearout this week and have lots of black bags, I shall bung them a score and the black bags magically disappear

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The recycling wagon normally starts its round outside my front door at 7am sharp which is when I'm in the shower thus ensuring I cannot get the boxes out if I had forgotten them the previous evening.

Funnily enough they did not arrive till 8am yesterday as I was leaving for work. I remarked on this to one of the operatives who smiled as he explained that they leave the last collection before Xmas a bit later so that they bump into a higher percentage of householders on the round. I thanked him for his explanation, smiled, wished him a very merry Xmas and got in my car and drove off.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Back in the days when they went above and beyond to take the bins, any additional bags and whatever from beside/behind your house... yes.

Now, I have to put the bin out on the street for them, can't overfill in, have to move it back into the garden full because they didn't come, go to the tip, etc ... I now expect them to leave me a tenner for the inconvenience they cause.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Blimey, there are some right Scrooges on this thread.

We've had a big clearout this week and have lots of black bags, I shall bung them a score and the black bags magically disappear
That's a 'backhander' not a Christmas tip. Fair play tho

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here