Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Tunes advice please.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have tried to contact I tunes support but I think contacting MajorTim Peake would probably be easier. So go to NSC for help/

I purchased both Adele and Alexander Armstrong albums then dragged and pasted them to my play lists as individual albums. Went to file and clicked on burn to cd but the message came up Burn failed unable to read or write to CD.

What am I either doing wrong or not doing to write the music to this CD.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thanks What is that? Perhaps us oldies shouldnt try modern technology. When copying a cd to itunes for my Ipod I had to import each tunes but cant see where to do that if I have to.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
For the love of christ why don't you for once Google your issues and educate yourself on-line as opposed to just thinking, in s cop out way, I'll ask NSC.

You are typical, quite strangely, of the graduates that work in the company where I am who basically cannot work out or even try to make an effort to work out how to solve a problem they have.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For the love of christ why don't you for once Google your issues and educate yourself on-line as opposed to just thinking, in s cop out way, I'll ask NSC.

You are typical, quite strangely, of the graduates that work in the company where I am who basically cannot work out or even try to make an effort to work out how to solve a problem they have.

I always try google first and if I cant find an answer ask NSC cos somebody will know the answer.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Cd_reader_used_as_a_cup_holder.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As it says ....unable to read cd.........try another blank cd...

it dont sound like an itunes problem but your laptop/blank cd.

That was the answer. The machine I was using had a jammed CD drive that couldnt be removed so DR Ex suggested the cheapest alternative was an external cd rewriter which I bought on ebay but I assume the old drive d was overriding the external drive. Now got to find a way of dis engaging the old cd drive. At least I was able to write the albums to cd using my other laptop. Just googled and it appears the old cd drive can be disabled via Device manager Thanks for guiding me in the right direction.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
And your reward for all this is that you get to listen to Adele whining on about her seemingly endless ability to maintain a relationship or Alexander Armstrong, surely the most boring, or should I say Pointless, baritone in the world ever. The fewer devices available to play them, the better!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

I saw a list a while ago of silly but true requests that a computer support department had received from customers. One of them was for a replacement cup-holder for a tower system. You've guessed it...........

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
That was the answer. The machine I was using had a jammed CD drive that couldnt be removed

There might be a manual eject button no the front of the drive. Small hole which you'd shove a pin in which should eject the tray.
Failing that, get a knife and force it open. Will sort the jam out.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Having a bad day Mr Hut? Tad harsh. I often find here is a lot more helpful than google.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Smash the Adele CD to bits with a hammer. The noise this makes will be infinitely more entertaining than listening to the album.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here