Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four horse race

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
With Hull winning tonight the top four seem to have broken away from the pack. Will the Albion still be in the running come the end of the season, will anyone else fall away or will it be a four horse race right to the wire?

theboybilly

With Hull winning tonight the top four seem to have broken away from the pack. Will the Albion still be in the running come the end of the season, will anyone else fall away or will it be a four horse race right to the wire?

I don't think Hull were any great shakes tonight. Their fan's are not happy and many want a change of manager,

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Best odds for a top two finish currently Barmy Boro 4/7, Royal Ram 5/6, Timmy the Tiger 5/4 and Super Seagull at 13/8.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Albion will pull away from the other 3 and win it comfortably.

Tony normally tells us that he dislikes doing business in January.

This year he talks of player additions, and how it makes sense to invest from this position of strength.

Basically, he's going for it. Bet the house on promotion at the best odds you can still get :rock:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Bookies still have Hull over us, although no surprise there I guess. Does anyone other than Brighton fans think we'll make top two?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Albion will pull away from the other 3 and win it comfortably.

Tony normally tells us that he dislikes doing business in January.

This year he talks of player additions, and how it makes sense to invest from this position of strength.

Basically, he's going for it. Bet the house on promotion at the best odds you can still get :rock:

We've already played most of the tricky away games. As Blue indicates, by the time we face Derby & Boro at the end of the season, the players will be hung over playing for pride - nothing more.

theboybilly

Bookies still have Hull over us, although no surprise there I guess. Does anyone other than Brighton fans think we'll make top two?

No I don't think they do, and QPR fans thought we were cheating. diving cn*ts. Funny that, I thought they were one-trick ponies who were nothing without Austin. Some did say though, as many other opposition fans have, that we are the best side we've played. Only two to go

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The injuries have been a worry but since Hughton came in we have purchased well. I think we will add quality in January and think if we can hang onto Wilson until the seasons end we will be in the mix for automatic promotion

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Imagine if it comes down to needing a point at Boro last day of the season! This January is our most important transfer window ever, a couple of astute signings and we could make top two.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I noticed last night that we were 10 points clear of Burnley all of a sudden. I kept my powder dry on that, thankfully, because with QPR's comeback that reduced to 8 points but, even so, that's a decent gap we have put in place there. Looking now, I see they've not won in 6 games now, stretching back to before our draw with them, and they've only scored three goals in those six games too.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
So far this season we have recruited really well.if we can add a couple of new faces in January then who knows what this season may bring.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
A quick glance at goal difference makes us the 4th of the 4, but I think with some clever transfer moves and the return of some of the injured we have an excellent chance of making the top two. Beat Boro on Sat and the stats look incredibly rosy for us.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I noticed last night that we were 10 points clear of Burnley all of a sudden. I kept my powder dry on that, thankfully, because with QPR's comeback that reduced to 8 points but, even so, that's a decent gap we have put in place there. Looking now, I see they've not won in 6 games now, stretching back to before our draw with them, and they've only scored three goals in those six games too.

I agree, the lead against some teams now has become a decently healthy one; however, to be honest I think the side we have is such a good side, I think the play off we should definitely make, unless injuries get even worse and we implode.

The gap between 3d or 4th and 7th is irrelevant really because 3rd to 6th go into the play offs. Technically with the way things are, if we continue as we are, we could go all season undefeated and still not get promoted. I think we can go the distance but I also think that so can Derby and Boro and Hull.

I have a feeling that the budget for January might have been thrashed out yesterday and how that is spent will be key to whether we can turn those draws into wins that will give us the edge to pull away a bit from the others.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I've read that 3 times and still don't get it

I shall try and explain

The original post suggests that 4 teams are pulling away.

My return post was indicating that 4th to 7th is irrelevant because I went on to say that I thought we would make the play offs, hence meaning that our gap over 7th place would probably be large enough to at least see us into the play offs in the top 6.

That is why I say between 3rd and 7th is irrelevant because that would mean going into the play offs and thus missing out on the top 2 automatic places

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I shall try and explain

The original post suggests that 4 teams are pulling away.

My return post was indicating that 4th to 7th is irrelevant because I went on to say that I thought we would make the play offs, hence meaning that our gap over 7th place would probably be large enough to at least see us into the play offs in the top 6.

That is why I say between 3rd and 7th is irrelevant because that would mean going into the play offs and thus missing out on the top 2 automatic places

I agree it matters not a lot whether you finish 3rd, 4th 5th or 6th as you still enter the lottery of the play offs which is obviously better than finishing 7th and missing out but we must push for 1st or 2nd. We have a very good opportunity to finish in the top 2.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here