Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MANAGERS' VIEWS: HUGHTON AND HASSELBAINK

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-post-qpr-ld229-2855269_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
17:59 16th December 2015
by James Hilsum
It’s an emotional game and it’s a disappointed changing room that I’ve got at the moment."
Chris Hughton
CHRIS HUGHTON is keen to bounce back quickly from Brighton & Hove Albion’s draw with Queens Park Rangers, but says his side cannot be too downbeat due to the gruelling nature of the Championship.

He said, “We can’t be too unhappy with where we are. Yes it does put a bit of pressure on us, but that’s this league.
“We drew at Derby, who are a very good side and we drew at QPR, who are very much in the ascendancy with a new manager. You’ve only got to look at their starting line-up, the quality they’ve got and the money they’ve spent.
“You’re after perfection, so you would always analyse goals that you concede and that’s disappointing. But there are more things that I’m happy with than I’m not.
“We have to realise that it’s a very tough division. Nobody lies down and it’s always difficult to get results away from home. We’ve got to try to do the best we can to get them.”
Hughton’s men face Middlesbrough at the Amex on Saturday and the Albion boss says his players will have all the motivation they need to pick up three points.
“It’s an emotional game and it’s a disappointed changing room that I’ve got at the moment.
“Middlesbrough are a very good side that are strong away from home and are another side that has invested very well in the summer.“It’s a chance for us to get back to winning ways.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

JIMMY FLOYD HASSELBAINK hailed the spirit shown by his side after they earned a point against 10-man Brighton at Loftus Road.He told www.qpr.co.uk, I’ve got mixed feelings after that, but in general I am happy.
“I’m happy with the performance for the majority and happy with the abundance of quality and character I saw from my players.
“I thought we deserved all three points, but I can’t fault the players for responding as they did at 2-0 down.
“We’ve got an abundance of character and we’re going to need that. It’s now about working on the belief and getting them together.
“If we start to believe, we can go from strength to strength.”
Hasselbaink was pleased with Charlie Austin’s overall display after the forward netted a brace against the Seagulls, but expressed his concern over James Perch’s suspected knee injury.
“Of course it’s very important to have a goalscorer.
“What impressed me tonight though was his overall performance. The things people probably won’t remember, like his work-rate and his attitude. That’s what’s pleasing.
“With James, he isn’t the kind of player to come off unless he really has to, so we will have to wait and see over the next couple of days and take it from there.”

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 19TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

[h=3]ALBION V IPSWICH TOWN
[/h]TUESDAY 29TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS**
[/h]FRIDAY 1ST JANUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here