Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abandoned bicycles all over Brighton

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I noticed it again today. All along Western Road, London Road and everywhere else in Brighton are abandoned bikes padlocked to railings and cycle stands. Most with flat tyres, or no tyres or wheels at all. Does the council ever clear them away? Makes our town look a right mess.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I noticed it again today. All along Western Road, London Road and everywhere else in Brighton are abandoned bikes padlocked to railings and cycle stands. Most with flat tyres, or no tyres or wheels at all. Does the council ever clear them away? Makes our town look a right mess.

Has Stat Brother been informed :moo:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Worse than that, I've bought blue bar tape as a Christmas present for myself. :eek:

Who is [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]?

Could be a T-Shirt!?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Brighton and Hove City Council removes reported abandoned bikes after a fortnight and unclaimed bikes are given to the YMCA to sell on for charity, I believe.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Brighton and Hove City Council removes reported abandoned bikes after a fortnight and unclaimed bikes are given to the YMCA to sell on for charity, I believe.

TBH, I don't think they work that quickly ! I am tempted to get myself a van and a Hi-Vis and a angle grinder and get me some cash for the scrap metal.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
TBH, I don't think they work that quickly ! I am tempted to get myself a van and a Hi-Vis and a angle grinder and get me some cash for the scrap metal.

A van and a Hi-Vis and an angle grinder? It's going to take you a while to break even.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A van and a Hi-Vis and an angle grinder? It's going to take you a while to break even.

Plenty of raw materiel out there, it's like an Elephants Graveyard for bikes in some places.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Worse than that, I've bought blue bar tape as a Christmas present for myself.
Did you go the whole hog and properly treat yourself to Lizard Skins?

I never would have known bar tape could be so good, until I tried the best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here