Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro fan in piece

1986Boro

Dec 16, 2015
Hello all

Looking for some advice for the upcoming game on Saturday, already had our train tickets booked well in advance of our friends at SKY re arranging the kick off, we are due to arrive in Brighton at 11.40 is that cutting it fine for the kick off? as i know the Amex is sort of out of town?

Anyway looking forward to a good day and hopefully returning home still top of the league.

Cheers in advance UTB

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
You will be in pieces by the time the grammar police on here have finished with you!!!

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
If you arrive at 11.40 you will have to shuffle straight over to the Amex train platform - once aboard its then just a ten minute journey so you will be fine ... just :)

Yo do know that you'll be going home 4th after Saturday though :cheers:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hello all

Looking for some advice for the upcoming game on Saturday, already had our train tickets booked well in advance of our friends at SKY re arranging the kick off, we are due to arrive in Brighton at 11.40 is that cutting it fine for the kick off? as i know the Amex is sort of out of town?

Anyway looking forward to a good day and hopefully returning home still top of the league.

Cheers in advance UTB

In theory you should make kick off, but don't mess around at Brighton station - just get in the queue for the Falmer train at platform 7/8 as soon as you arrive.

Of course, we are always at the mercy of Southern Rail, and NetworkRail, so nothing is guaranteed.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
:ffsparr:

Piece - a portion of an object or of material, produced by cutting, tearing, or breaking the whole.
Peace - freedom from disturbance or tranquillity.

So you are here in peace unless you meant Boro fan in Pieces, which i could believe as you could be that worried about this weekend. :bhasign:

If you arrive at 11:40 though you should be fine. Just jump on the train to the Amex.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Despite the grammar police - you will be fine as long as the train isn't delayed.

Get off the train and head straight for the AMEX Trains. You'll see the queue hopefully, if not it is on your left as you get off the train (looking in toward the station) If you still can't see it then you may have got off at the wrong station... like I did once after a few too many and ended up in Redhill rather than Reading

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
You'll have to queue for a 10 minute train journey to Falmer (where the Amex is) so providing the train gets you to Brighton on time you'll be fine.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Only on NSC, a bloke wants some advice and the f***ing grammar police pounce.

Good luck after Saturday mate, you will be cutting it fine and may miss the first 5 minutes but should be OK. As the other poster said, straight to the end platform to catch the train to Falmer.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Hello all

Cheers in advance UTB

SkySports: complete twunts, aren't they? Two seasons in a row now we'll have had to make the final game trip to Boro for a 1230 kick off, and obviously they thought it would be ideal to do the same to you for this one. They must be absolutely rubbing their hands with glee that it's turned out to be a top two clash.

1986Boro

Dec 16, 2015
You make one mistake and get ripped to 'pieces' oh well never mind.

Cheers for all the replies much appreciated.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hello all

Cheers in advance UTB

As others have said, you should be fine, if you're lucky with the trains, you might even have time for a concourse pint as you could make it by 12.00 if the train Gods are with you!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
You make one mistake and get ripped to 'pieces' oh well never mind.

Cheers for all the replies much appreciated.

I'm wondering whether they'll have their (slightly poor imitation, but it's the thought that counts, right?) chicken parmos in the away end this year, as last?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why not change at Haywards Heath for Lewes then change for train to Falmer - might be quicker

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If i were you i would get a cab at brighton station if you arrive any time after 11.40 you will probably not make kick off as after the 11.40 train to seaford via falmer the next one to falmer is at 12.10 , they do run additional matchday trains but cant find one in the middle of the usual time slotted ones that willhelp , the trains are rammed within a hour of kickoff from brighton , it maybe worthwhile looking at getting off at lewes instead of
brighton this will save you a fair bit of time .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here