Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New York

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Thinking of getting my girlfriend a trip to New York end of next year for xmas, any suggestions when to go, where to stay or where to book?
Thanks in advance

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Loads of past threads with good advice search those out. I'd not book a hotel this far out though as prices will be high

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
New York will be seriously freezing if you go at Xmas / "end of year". Much better to go around October.

48c2e867f8b012c477a06f521f052909.jpg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
New York will be seriously freezing if you go at Xmas / "end of year". Much better to go around October.

Been very mild so far this winter - down at Coney Island last Sunday and it was 68F

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Go to the West Village and have a beer or two in The Blind Tiger Ale House http://www.blindtigeralehouse.com

Then go to The Spotted Pig for dinner http://www.thespottedpig.com

She'll be putty in your hands afterwards I guarantee. Frau Tubthumper was..... but I think I'd bored her into submission droning on about the craft beer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh, and pop into The Tavern on Jane and have a pint of Harpoon IPA.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7195322 said:
The Fette Sau in Williamsburg is fantastic for amazing meat and BBQ as well as local craft beers in a fantastic environment. Beware though - Hipsters about!

http://www.fettesaubbq.com/

Agree. Absolutely spot on. It's an absolutely cracking place. Best advice is to not go at peak times as the queue can be huge. Last time I went I queued for over an hour. But, it was worth every minute spent in line.

This is good as well http://www.spritzenhaus33.com

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I stayed at the Mayfair Hotel (W49th between 8th & Broadway).

Cheap and cheerful accommodation.
PERFECT location, easy walking to Times Square, Rocker, Empire, Broadway and Central Park.

I love NYC - was there in March this year but would love to go back over Christmas.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Yet another Micro – Brewery just opened in November adding to the ridiculous choice of craft beers available in NYC

Strong Rope Brewery

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

That was what I thought too, yet my sister in law sent me a photo of herself in the MetLife Stadium in Sunday wearing her Jets jersey, I thought she'd be wearing coat scarf.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

We were there this October, it was blooming freezing and rained solidly for 2 1/2 of the 3 days we were there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We were there this October, it was blooming freezing and rained solidly for 2 1/2 of the 3 days we were there.

Funny, I was also there in October but in shades and t-shirt. It did piss down on the last day of 6 though.

The weather can vary greatly from my experience in Autumn and early winter.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Was there two weeks ago and sunny during day about the same as here. Went with Lowcost USA who were brilliant in all aspects as I had to call them three times and very very reasonable. Stayed in The Edison just off Times Square which is a great central place to stay. PM me if you want anymore info, and the New York Pass is a must.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Just got back from NYC. Sunday we were walking over The Brooklyn Bridge in t-shirt's getting a sweat on! 15 degrees that day.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Thinking of getting my girlfriend a trip to New York end of next year for xmas, any suggestions when to go, where to stay or where to book?
Thanks in advance

PM sent for things to do Sam. What is your budget for hotels? I always stay at the Affinia Shelburne on Lexington Avenue and 37th Street.

Cheers, Mac.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here