Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The noise from the away end last nigh.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I was in the home end last night and bloody hell you lot in the away end did us proud.
What a glorious racket. Marvellous scenes.
The locals were laughing at the continued 'handball' shouts. Top work.:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:
Good to hear and a reminder of how lucky most of us (i.e. all those away from the South end) are at The Amex not to have to listen to the away fans' noise being dominant in our ground...

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I was in the home end too (they were free, money speaks alas at this time of year!), in the section next to the Albion fans, to their right. The noise was great from the Albion, and I can report that there were a few QPR fans who's heads I thought were going to explode - they really couldn't take the jibes! Made me snigger - but had to keep quiet - it was a challenge...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'd find it impossible to stay quite in a home end!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thought the QPR support was dire.........'come on your Gers'.....er, that's it.

I heard "Come on you Rs" (careful how you say that now).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[tweet]676860984934445057[/tweet]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
2360 according to Darren Balkham.

How full was the lower tier ?
When you're on the top, it is hard to hear.

Looked pretty full from where I was, which was in the stand to the left of our lot just over the half way line.
I quite enjoyed the nostalgic feel of it, proper old style seating and a low roof, lots of good banter, moaning, piss taking, and quite loud when they got going. Proper old school evening game atmosphere.

Still wished I was in the away end though !

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We were on the far left facing out, upper tier and had some fun with the Vuvezuela tooter in the hat and the people around him. They even clapped us at the end, after we'd told them they were "number 21". Refreshing to have some joviality after Saturday's bitterness. I refuse to use the B word but it was genuinely that.

PG

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
More or less central, Upper Tier last night. Couldn't hear the home at all really, seemed pretty sterile. Hope 'Boro make a good noise on Saturday, adds to the atmosphere where we are.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As I have said before, I got my away ticket via a mate and Jnr Hoilett.
When I picked up ticket from ticket office at 19:45, the guy said there were still quite a few away tickets still available.
We should be selling these games out?
Atmosphere in the away end was still fantastic, especially in a library!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here