Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are other clubs as injury hit as us

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I confess I don't pay a great deal of attention to other teams but was wondering, we seem to have a number of injuries at the moment and for the last few seasons we've had a lot of players out at one time or another. Are we particularly unlucky, or is it the norm ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
injuries when players are missing for 2 or 3 games we could cope with.

But when its KLL, Baldock, Rosenior, Bong, March for 12 week periods or more... its bloody hard to cope, throw in a suspension or 2 which is inevitable at this time of the season and its a real problem !
Any squad would struggle with that, other teams i dont know, I am sure every team has players missing, maybe not so many first 11 players all at once... ?

We are doing exceptionally well considering.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Derby have lost Will Hughes and Craig Bryson - the only notables i think. Both are central midfielders, and with Johnson, Butterfield, Thorne, and Jeff Hendrick they have more than enough depth to cover.

Middlesbrough have only really lost Alex Baptiste, who isnt that good anyway.

So no, is the answer.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Derby have lost Will Hughes and Craig Bryson - the only notables i think. Both are central midfielders, and with Johnson, Butterfield, Thorne, and Jeff Hendrick they have more than enough depth to cover.

So no, is the answer.

Although thankfully they have lost Nugent for their game against us.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

So no, is the answer.

Craig Forsyth Defender - long term loss as well from November.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Craig Forsyth Defender - long term loss as well from November.

Well spotted, i just looked on a recent team news article. Think he's been covered by Cyrus Christie who looked a very good player.

Point is, they have cover that seems as strong. We had cover for Bong, then lost him (Rosenior), likewise with Lua Lua (losing March) etc.

If we lose Wilson/Kayal/Hemed/Bruno then we really are struggling.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The only reason we are just about getting away with it at present is that all of our long term injuries have come in full back and wide areas largely.

If you can keep the spine of the side intact it causes way less problems, wide players for example are always an inconsistent breed and often get changed at various points during the season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Well spotted, i just looked on a recent team news article. Think he's been covered by Cyrus Christie who looked a very good player.

Point is, they have cover that seems as strong. We had cover for Bong, then lost him (Rosenior), likewise with Lua Lua (losing March) etc.

If we lose Wilson/Kayal/Hemed/Bruno then we really are struggling.

Baldock, Lua Lua (next week), Bong, (a few weeks), Rosenior (club haven't confirmed but its not months) are all due back in January.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

So no, is the answer.

And Craig Forsyth, Jake Buxton - Jamie Hanson has been out for long periods, Chris Baird has been out, Scott Carson is out right now. I do agree that we have cover but not directly for Craig Bryson and definitely not for Will Hughes, he's the reason why largely we haven't been very fluent this season. It's a bit like when we talk about a championship 'team of the season' we have much more awareness of our own team, little about others.....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Baldock, Lua Lua (next week), Bong, (a few weeks), Rosenior (club haven't confirmed but its not months) are all due back in January.

My understanding is Baldock and LuaLua probably not back in contention until NYD possibly. Neither have fully trained yet.

Bong has only just started running so probably close to a month at earliest and Roesenior late Jan early Feb at earliest

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With the Hull league game postponed we have a 13 day break at the end of January, and I'm not sure if we'll be rushing too many back before this.

Having said that, RVLP will have gone back by New Year, so we need KLL as soon as possible, and hopefully for Wolves on NYD.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
My understanding is Baldock and LuaLua probably not back in contention until NYD possibly. Neither have fully trained yet.

Bong has only just started running so probably close to a month at earliest and Roesenior late Jan early Feb at earliest

so all due back in January then :)

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
With the Hull league game postponed we have a 13 day break at the end of January, and I'm not sure if we'll be rushing too many back before this.
Having said that, RVLP will have gone back by New Year, so we need KLL as soon as possible, and hopefully for Wolves on NYD.

I agree. We have 4 games in Jan but they are all winnable (Wolves, Rotherham, Blackburn, Huddersfield). If we can avoid further injuries and get all but March back for the Brentford game on the 5th Feb then we will be in much better shape.

For that reason, as well as the fact that Calde is playing really well (in my view) I am not sure we will go for another left back in January. A striker and a wide man are my priorities, in addition to hopefully holding on to Wilson and VLP.

PG

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Don't know how they're getting on now, but Forest used to whinge incessantly about their injury woes, typically during that phase (when they were allowed to sign players) when they were trying to hoover up every player in the business.

Haven't heard anything of Britt Assombalonga this season, so either his cruciate ligament injury is still keeping him out, nearly a year on, or he's been playing dismally. I think it's the first option. Big loss for them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Ah. Assombalonga's injury was, it turns out, a ruptured patellar tendon, and not a cruciate ligament. Did it last February, and was predicted to be out for a year. Due back some time late January, local news suggests.

They've also been without Andy Reid since September (imagine how tubby he'll be NOW :ohmy: ).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Our first choice eleven compared with what we'll put out against Middlesbrough is stronger, but is it that much stronger....something like this:

1. Stockdale-Stockdale (same)
2. Bruno-Bruno (same)
3. Bong-Calderon (weaker)
4. Stephens-Stephens (same)
5. Greer-Greer (same)
6. Dunk-Humemeier (arguably stronger)
7. Kayal-Kayal (same)
8. Rosenior-Murphy (weaker defensively but better in attack)
9. Hemed-Hemed (same)
10. Baldock-Wilson (stronger)
11. Lualua-Van La Parra (maybe slightly weaker but can't fault RVLP)

We're obviously missing strength in depth, but aside from the loss of Bong I'd say our patched up team is still pretty competitive.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here