Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to prepare for the Premiership.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
A slight air of gloom seems to be hovering over the fine folk of NSCland this morning.Two tricky away games within the last 4 days and still undefeated, 3 out of the next 4 games at home ( Saturday is a must win match) and a Chairman who WILL open the purse strings in January. Time for us all to stand up and be counted. We are one big Albion family and we all have our part to play. Forget the £10.4 million debt as this will be wiped away by our triumphant march into the Premiership. We're coming for you, We're coming for you, Crystal Palace, We're coming for you.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Do you mean we should be putting the rugby posts back up at the Amex? I'd rather we targeted the Premier League.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Don't agree that Saturday is a MUST win, and certainly have no intent whatsoever in 'coming for the Caravan Club'.

As for the Premier League, whatever will be will be. Early doors.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Now at last we have the reality in our grasp. We must have the nerve and courage not to let it slip. I have the good fortune to be the first Liberal Leader for over half a century who is able to say to you at the end of our annual Assembly: go back to your constituencies and prepare for government.

OR -- all statesmen like...

Now at last we have the reality in our grasp. We must have the nerve and courage not to let it slip. I have the good fortune to be the first Brighton manager for over 30 years who is able to say to you at the end of our season: go back to your pre-season training and prepare for the Premier League.

Although one was a bit of a dreamer.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Might I just ask how you 'open the purse strings'?

fffl.jpg

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Next year it will be the Emirates Qatari Airlines Bet Heniken English Super Prmeier League either that or some big yank firm will buy it and call it the Budweiser World Soccer Super League

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Ugh I hate pedantic Premier League people... We all knew what he meant.. Climb down off that high horse of yours.

That's right, anyone with any sense knows that if we're promoted we go up to Division One!

oops, should've read through to the end of the thread........:facepalm:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Transporter Bridge

At the half way stage there could be four clubs on 45 points.

It might be one of the 20% years that 90 pts would not be enough, although in the last ten seasons no team has got 90 pts and not got promoted.

Maybe Albion will get 88 pts with two games to play and the other three on 88 pts as well.

Albion v Derby
Bolton v Hull
Brum v Boro

Boro v Albion
Derby v Ipswich
Hull v Rotherham

Last edited:

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
A must win match on saturday because

1. it will give us a 3 point advantage over Middlesbrough'
2. It will make the Middlesbrough take us seriously and shut them up.
3. it will prove that we can beat the best teams in the division..
4. It will put us back on top of the table.
5. If we draw or lose we could slip down to third in the table

This is the first determining game of the season and will shape the rest of our season.

Show no mercy, onwards and upwards.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I disagree. The first big and determining game of the season will be the one after we lose. The games directly after the loss will say a lot for how well we can get back into our current rhythm. So, in all honesty, probably the biggest game is AFTER the Middlesbrough game.

So you think we will lose to Middlesborough? It that case, it's even more important that we don't lose.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here