Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Time Last Year

el punal

On the corresponding fixture last year (12th December) we played Millwall, yes, that one! We'd played 21 games, had 18 points and were 22nd in the league. Compare, twelve months on, to today - played 21 with 43 points and 1st (level on points).

Pretty amazing turn around, and yet, after some of the comments that I've read after last night's game you would think we were at that Millwall game again. :shrug:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
On the corresponding fixture last year (12th December) we played Millwall, yes, that one! We'd played 21 games, had 18 points and were 22nd in the league. Compare, twelve months on, to today - played 21 with 43 points and 1st (level on points).

Pretty amazing turn around, and yet, after some of the comments that I've read after last night's game you would think we were at that Millwall game again. :shrug:

Yeah, we are being rather spoilt this season and behaving accordingly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The moaners, whingers & doom & gloom merchants have been sitting on their hands, just itching to get in and start binfests. They finally had their way last night with their perception of a bad player and a bad game.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I agree with you.. I really hope the Amex crowd turns up in full force and full voice on Saturday. Time for us to do our bit as well for the effort.. Getting on the refs back, bellowing for every foul, yellow card, half-hearted penalty appeals .. Getting the goal keeper booked for time wasting.... All part of our responsibility to make the Boro feel they are really up against it...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's see the albion roll their sleeves up and get a professional win on Saturday.

Stand Or Fall.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

To be fair I think a lot of it is just frustration. I was really hacked off at full time and had a loud word with my TV! But I stayed off the keyboard and this morning, still hacked off but emotions have subsided. I have to say I was surprised with how much praise Wurzel was giving us last night, and his passing few lines included stuff that went something like;

if this is a sticky patch and they're still picking up points, they'll be pleased with it
and,
I still think Brighton will go up, they remind me so much of Newcastle when Chris was in charge
. Sometimes an outside view can be a little more reasoned, especially when it is Olly praising us!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I don't think last night was a binfest at all. Just an outpouring of frustration. We've had 2 tough away games on the bounce that at the start of the season a lot of us would have expected 2 points at best. We got exactly that but could've woken up this morning 4 points clear from those 2 games. Disappointing and frustrating but onwards to Saturday

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I thought that 'this time last year' was referring to the game after the Derby & Millwall debacles - Wolves away.
Vital away win lost by defender losing his head with a few minutes to go and getting sent off. Then we concede a late equaliser. Sound familiar ?

There the similarity ends - as the Finn finally walked (somewhat unpredictably after a comparatively improved performance, despite having stubbornly stayed after Derby and Millwall).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here