Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens goal

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Didn't see much on here last night regarding Dale's goal.

Exquisite finish and unbelievable tekkers to execute that. :)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I've never seen a laying down overhead kick before, superb goal, if a little fortunate with the palm off of the defender!

What impressed me most was the purchase he managed to get on it. Good finisher is our Dale. Think the hand off was massively overblown. Sandro went down far too easily IMO.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Their player went down very easily.

For a player his size he should be able withstand a bit of penalty box argie bargie. Going down like an attacker looking for a soft penalty is poor defending.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
plus Sandro was holding Dale just before - seen em given *cough Burnley (a)*

but then again our defenders were holding when they had corners

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
All this moaning from QPR about the nudge on Sandro. What about the fact that Dunk was having his shirt pulled massively at the back post. Ref should have blown for a pen WELL before it arrived at Stephens with his back to goal.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All this moaning from QPR about the nudge on Sandro. What about the fact that Dunk was having his shirt pulled massively at the back post. Ref should have blown for a pen WELL before it arrived at Stephens with his back to goal.

I wouldn't dwell on that too much - all evening the TV cameras focused on Bruno and Austin at corners. Bruno was holding Austin every time in "should be a penalty" kind of way.

(He didn't hold him well enough at the end though unfortunately.)

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I wouldn't dwell on that too much - all evening the TV cameras focused on Bruno and Austin at corners. Bruno was holding Austin every time in "should be a penalty" kind of way.

Whilst ignoring Sandro doing the same at the other end.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very good at finding clever little angles for shots is our Dale. Not unlike Orlandi with some of his cute finishes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Sky tv commentators were trying to say that Stephen's goal should have been disallowed because of the nudge. QPR are a bunch of moaning divers imo.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sky tv commentators were trying to say that Stephen's goal should have been disallowed because of the nudge. QPR are a bunch of moaning divers imo.

I wouldn't disagree. With a nod to Bozza's point about Bruno and Austin, I still maintain that looking at that set piece in isolation, Dunk was being fouled long before the ball reached Stephens.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Excellent assist from Lewis Dunk, btw*

*am I allowed to say that, today? What with Dunk now being the ANTI-CHRIST and all that?

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014

I dont get why Bruno was given the task of marking Austin from dead ball situations, with Austins aerial ability, shouldnt one of the centre backs taken responsibility?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

If it was the other way round NSC would be full of posts saying it was a foul and we can't believe the referee didn't give it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here