Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pop Up Adverts

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Is anyone else getting LOADS of them on here, or am I just the lucky one?

I have never had a problem with Pop Ups before on here, but lately they are relentless! and they cover over half the screen etc etc

Just wondering like......

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
No pop ups but the most offensive advertising that I find truly disgusting and upsetting - Advertising across the top of the page for Coldplays latest offering,:sick:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Is it only happening on NSC or elsewhere as well? Might be worth running something like Malwarebytes or Spybot...

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Yep, I'm getting an irritating little hovering questionnaire that moves down first couple of times I try and close it.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
You shouldn't be getting any.

Sorry, late in from work.

Well I am still getting them, even now! yes I did use a stream for last nights game but was getting them before that.

I am using Chrome, but have been for a long time, dont really know what to do? and i am only getting them on NSC :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry, late in from work.

Well I am still getting them, even now! yes I did use a stream for last nights game but was getting them before that.

I am using Chrome, but have been for a long time, dont really know what to do? and i am only getting them on NSC :shrug:

1. What is/are the pop up ad(s) for?
2. What ads are present on the actual NSC page (top and bottom) when the pop-up(s) appear?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
2. What ads are present on the actual NSC page (top and bottom) when the pop-up(s) appear?

As soon as it happens I will reply, in all honesty I've took no notice as to what they are, just clicked them away, and sods law nothing is happening now! will let you know as soon as i see anything

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005

All seems well now, ive logged in and out a few times, refreshed loads of times and nothing, which is good, hopefully normal service resumed :thumbsup:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I had a really annoying one that asked if I would buy a VW Golf the other day. Moved around if I recall.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This evening, I've gotten this pop up, full screen ad several times.

pop up ad.jpg

Currently, I have at the top of this page an advert for Bath Rugby, at the bottom is one for Office 365, and one for Notonthehighstreet.com

Yoda

English & European
This evening, I've gotten this pop up, full screen ad several times.

View attachment 73659

Currently, I have at the top of this page an advert for Bath Rugby, at the bottom is one for Office 365, and one for Notonthehighstreet.com

Just had the same thing a couple of times too. Using Chrome at the minute, which is odd as I normally use MS Edge at home.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here