Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - QPR away

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Stockdale - 9 Twice denied Austin with excellent saves as well as a decent effort from Phillips. No chance with either goal

Bruno - 8.5 Thought he was immense right up to the final few minutes when he lost Austin for their 2nd goal

Greer - 7.5 Led the back line very well, made sure we kept our shape. Solid game

Dunk - 5.5 Actually thought he had a good game prior to the 2 yellow cards. Both needless and Lewis once again showing naivety at crucial times

Calderon - 6 You can clearly see he's not comfortable at LB and Phillips did him several times most notably for their 1st goal. Superb goal line clearance

Murphy - 5 Quiet game for me. Little contribution of note. Seems to fade in and out

Kayal - 8 Another excellent performance from our midfield talisman. Great energy in breaking up play and started several counter attacks

Stephens - 8 Good to see Dale back in good form in the last 2 games. Superb technique for the goal

Van La Parra - 7.5 Thought he looked lively, one excellent run in the first half and showed good energy throughout. Clean strike for the goal though Green should have done better

Wilson - 6 One decent run in the first half but thought he was fairly quiet throughout. Looked tired to me

Hemed - 7 Thought he led the line well today, dropped deep and linked up play well on numerous occasions. Good hold up

All subs - 6

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pretty much in agreement with that. Thought Hemed was average, a 6.5 if I was being generous and I'd give Murphy a 6.

Bruno, Stockdale, Stephens and Kayal easily our best players.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I would go along with these as well... Bruno had done a good job on Austin , wrestling or not, and to be fair he couldn't have been much closer to him.. The only problem was he didn't jump!! Murphy was very quiet which was disappointing

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
All 8 except Murphy who was a generous 6 (ineffective 1st half) and Dunk 4 who went free kick mad in the last 30 mins

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Stockdale - 8

Bruno - 7

Greer - 7

Dunk - 0 Stupid Challenges, needless and dumb

Calderon - 6.5

Murphy - 6

Kayal - 8

Stephens - 8

Van La Parra - 7

Wilson - 6

Hemed - 6

Crofts - 5
Bobby - 5
Hunne - 6

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Stockdale - 7.2 - Couple of decent saves.
Bruno - 7.6 - Looked quality. Harsh to blame for their second as the extra player would of been on Austin too, their main threat.
Greer - 7.5 - Typical Greer performance. Very unlucky the ball fell nicely for Austin's first.
Dunk - 4.0 - Cost us the game, again. Would rather see Goldson play!
Calderon - 6.5 - Considering he is our third choice, he did well. Phillips is very good though.
La Parra - 7.6 - Quick and a very nice goal from a mile out. Would like to sign him.
Stephens - 7.6 - Great goal, great player
Kayal - 7.5 - Showed his quality
Murphy - 6.1 - Not really in the game.
Wilson - 6.4 - A few decent runs, looked tired.
Hemed - 6.5 - Again, seemed out of the game, but some decent touches.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockdale 7
Bruno 7
Calderon 7.5
Greer 7
Dunk 6.5
Stephens 7.5
Kayal 7
Murphy 6
Ranjiv 7
Hemed 6.5
Wilson 6 - looked tired

Crofts 6
Uwe 6
Zamora 6

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Dunk was having a fine game, but as some other posters have said he seemed to lose it for 5-10 minutes. The whole team must be under some self-inflicted pressure now. Every one of our games has been a battle. No free lunches anywhere. Amazing team spirit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale - 8.5

Bruno - 7.5

Greer - 7

Dunk - 4

Calderon - 7

Murphy - 6

Kayal - 7.5

Stephens - 8.5

Van La Parra - 7

Wilson - 6

Hemed - 6

Crofts - 5
Zamora - 5
Hunne - 5

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Surprised at how high a lot of these marks are to be honest. Thought we looked tired and were poor first half. A great 20 mins or so after ht and then backs to the wall. Seemed to be pumping a lot of long balls up which didn't do Wilson or Murphy any favours - and when we got it down and played through them early second half we looked dangerous.

Stockers - 8. Couple of good saves, no chance with goal.
Bruno - 7. Would have been an 8 but lost Austin for the goal.
Greer - 7. Solid but annoying errors in distribution.
Dunk - 5. An 8 but minus 1 for silly yellow and minus 2 for brainfart second.
Calde - 6 got to love him and great goal line clearance but skinned a few times and unabke to get forward so little was created by us down the left.
Stephens - 6.5 good finish but not the usual snap to out passing in midfield.
kayal - 6.5 fantastic workrate but same comment on passing
Murphy -6 didn't look a threat, but spent most of his time trying to head long balls.
Wilson - 6 no impact first half for same reason, looked very dangerous early second half when we started to play balls through them.
Van la Parra - 6.5 more threat than Murphy but no Solly march. Would still like to sign him.
Hemed - 6 tries hard but didn't win much in air and didn't look a threat.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Stockdale - 9 Twice denied Austin with excellent saves as well as a decent effort from Phillips. No chance with either goal

Bruno - 8.5 Thought he was immense right up to the final few minutes when he lost Austin for their 2nd goal

Greer - 7.5 Led the back line very well, made sure we kept our shape. Solid game

Dunk - 5.5 Actually thought he had a good game prior to the 2 yellow cards. Both needless and Lewis once again showing naivety at crucial times

Calderon - 6 You can clearly see he's not comfortable at LB and Phillips did him several times most notably for their 1st goal. Superb goal line clearance

Murphy - 5 Quiet game for me. Little contribution of note. Seems to fade in and out

Kayal - 8 Another excellent performance from our midfield talisman. Great energy in breaking up play and started several counter attacks

Stephens - 8 Good to see Dale back in good form in the last 2 games. Superb technique for the goal

Van La Parra - 7.5 Thought he looked lively, one excellent run in the first half and showed good energy throughout. Clean strike for the goal though Green should have done better

Wilson - 6 One decent run in the first half but thought he was fairly quiet throughout. Looked tired to me

Hemed - 7 Thought he led the line well today, dropped deep and linked up play well on numerous occasions. Good hold up

All subs - 6

It's becoming more and more noticeable on the player ratings threads that some people are posting scores according to their 'season so far' feelings, rather than looking at the specific game that they are supposed to be scoring for.
If a player is loved he gets a high score no matter how he played.
If a player is loathed he gets a low score no matter how he played.

Nobody loves Kayal more than me ... but to give him an 8?
Please....

Get a grip.

By his standards, which admittedly are higher than most, he was bang average at best last night.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Watch that game back , and watch kayal no where near his previous performances, gave the ball a way a lot. Can't fault his work rate tho.

I'm amzed just how much Kayal escapes criticism.

He can be utter magic at times, and he was superb against Derby, especially in the second half.

Last night, I thought he was sloppy, casual, not in the game, whining to the ref; Stephens, who played the simple, driving game he does, playing the passes he needed to make, carried him in midfield. Some of BK's passing was awful - 2014/15 quality.

As for his pathetic Austin-esque dive at the end - it summed his night up.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I know people are having a go at Dunk but Greer was culpable for the first goal - should have stayed on his feet and stopped Austin having the shot

Dunk is getting the grief - understandably - but I lost count how many times Greer aimlessly hoofed the ball with pinpoint precision to a QPR player.

Dunk is getting the grief - understandably - but I lost count how many times Greer aimlessly hoofed the ball with pinpoint precision to a QPR player.
I agree, although I also counted three similar "clearances" from Dunk. It seemed to me that it was an inability to retain possession, and Kayal was one at fault starting in the first minute, that enabled QPR to put us under pressure for much of the game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here