Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7 Mins Stoppage Time

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ok, so it didn't cost us but if we'd conceded late, late on I'd have been fuming.

Where the HELL did that come from? There were a few quick subs (QPRs were about 15 seconds each!) - the sending off which took about 30 seconds. I don't know if it's compulsory to add on 30secs a goal or not but even so where the hell did 7 come from?! I was expecting 4 maximum & don't recall any long injuries etc...?

For what it's worth I thought the ref had a good game apart from that - and also his unbelievable ability not to book Austin for one of the worst dives ever..!

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes, utterly ridiculous. There were five second half subs. There's meant to be 30 seconds for each, so that's 2'30. Apart from that I don't think there were any serious injuries in the second half and the trainers didn't come on the pitch. Should have been about 4 mins max imho. God knows where they got 7 from!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Ok, so it didn't cost us but if we'd conceded late, late on I'd have been fuming.

Where the HELL did that come from? There were a few quick subs (QPRs were about 15 seconds each!) - the sending off which took about 30 seconds. I don't know if it's compulsory to add on 30secs a goal or not but even so where the hell did 7 come from?! I was expecting 4 maximum & don't recall any long injuries etc...?

For what it's worth I thought the ref had a good game apart from that - and also his invelievable ability not to book Austin for one of the worst dives ever..!

agreed. where did that come from?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
oh its easy. There were 5 second half subs, so thats 2 and a half minutes, and, um....little scrap at the red card, and, er, yeah me neither.

ref let the game flow, sure, but there was a first-half challenge on Murphy that was as bad as Dunk's second yellow and all kinds of stuff from both sides that was worse than Dunk's first yellow.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Yes, utterly ridiculous. There were five second half subs. There's meant to be 30 seconds for each, so that's 2'30. Apart from that I don't think there were any serious injuries in the second half and the trainers didn't come on the pitch. Should have been about 4 mins max imho. God knows where they got 7 from!

Agree that it seemed way too long, but it's not just subs; 30 seconds (guideline) for each of 5 subs, 4 goals and 4 yellows.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It was odd i had a figure of 3 in my head expecting 4 but no way was there ever that amount of stoppages in the 2nd half , very strange , thought the officials got it spot on tonight really , Diving stinks , austin will look at that later and realise just how much he does not need it in his otherwise excellent all round play .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Glad others agreed as I was beginning to think I was going crazy. Also, are you 'meant' to add on 30secs per sub as a given? Surely the ref should time each one? As I mentioned QPR dos a sub or 2 that lasted 15 secs max. There seemed to be very few stoppages that half...

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
If they had scored a winner it would've been an absolute disgrace. 7 minutes from nothing, sometimes there is a long break for an injury plus 3 or 4 sunstitutions and there will be less than that. I was FUMING when the board went up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If they had scored a winner it would've been an absolute disgrace. 7 minutes from nothing, sometimes there is a long break for an injury plus 3 or 4 sunstitutions and there will be less than that. I was FUMING when the board went up.

Which is why I made sure I highlighted this to show it wasn't sour grapes as it didn't matter in the end... Joke decision!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Yes, quite extraordinary. I recall querying this a few weeks ago when 6 minutes was put up, which seemed farcical, although it always does when we could lose out over it. Probably would not be bothered if were well ahead! A post did reply giving all the seconds for injuries/subs/goals etc, which was no doubt true, but I am sure that this sort of strict formula is not applied consistently.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
The ref does not have to add 30 seconds on for each substitution. Substitutions are part of the game. The ref can add 30 seconds on at his/her discretion if they think it is a ploy to waste time. There is no law in the game that states 30 seconds must be added on per sub.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I didn't really see us engage in any real time wasting tactics to be honest, not as blatant as we've seen at the Amex this season.

The only time wasting I saw was the injured QPR player practically walking off the pitch in the first half, then suddenly staying on and walking down the touchline because he'd obviously got the shout that the sub wasn't ready to come on yet.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Still inexplicable.- can only imagine the time added on was for excessive goal celebrations, but there weren't were there? I notice from the official stats that in the end there were actually EIGHT minutes of added on time, yet not a single significant injury in the half and no time-wasting.Bonkers.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
5 subs (2.5mins)
4 bookings (2 mins)
4 goals (2 mins)

6.5 mins ish?

Unless I've missed something or added too much of something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here