Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed miss at 2-0?

Jimmy Grimble

Was there a replay of it? Looked a good chance to me at the time.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Yeah - looked a decent chance & surely would have been game over but no replays or analysis beyond a comment at the time effectively suggesting he had been to flash and messed it up. It was at away end so presumably some kind of comment will follow.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sky showed replays of all QPR chances but they didint show Brighton half chances that's all.

Course they wouldn't. They're all so chuffed that QPR fought back to get a point, aren't they.

I thought it was just me who thought the coverage tonight was very one sided.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
I thought it was just me who thought the coverage tonight was very one sided.

Awful coverage from sky. The guys were creaming themselves from when the show started about Hasselbank and Austen. All the way through the game thats all they talked about and once it went 2-1 I was expecting them to charge down from the commentary position strip off and take to the field in hooped shirts - they were gagging for an equaliser. With regards to Dunk's second yellow they even said that Faulin's reaction in pushing and shoving was totally acceptable and understanding given his injury record and yet you watch any other game and a commentator will always say there's no excuse for that reaction. Noticed after the Derby game on the FL72 round up they showed a good few minutes of the game and made it look as if only one side were involved. Expect they'll be creaming themselves over Karanke on Saturday as he's Jose's mate - wonder how many times they'll mention it or the fact that Boro' are a big club who should be in the big time.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Awful coverage from sky. The guys were creaming themselves from when the show started about Hasselbank and Austen. All the way through the game thats all they talked about and once it went 2-1 I was expecting them to charge down from the commentary position strip off and take to the field in hooped shirts - they were gagging for an equaliser. With regards to Dunk's second yellow they even said that Faulin's reaction in pushing and shoving was totally acceptable and understanding given his injury record and yet you watch any other game and a commentator will always say there's no excuse for that reaction. Noticed after the Derby game on the FL72 round up they showed a good few minutes of the game and made it look as if only one side were involved. Expect they'll be creaming themselves over Karanke on Saturday as he's Jose's mate - wonder how many times they'll mention it or the fact that Boro' are a big club who should be in the big time.
Ironically Mr Holloway was the only one who heaped any genuine praise on us..

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I was a bit disappointed in lack of replays of our good moves and half chances and I felt a little bit sorry for Dunk as his slide in with one foot off the ground but not showing his studs was not as bad as the one in the first half by the QPR player and his first booking was a bit soft.
But that's football. Dunk .:shootself

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Ironically Mr Holloway was the only one who heaped any genuine praise on us..

I thought Holloway spoke very highly of us all evening where he said he felt we are the best team he's since in this division this season. Putting to one side his previous association with that lot up the road I can't help but like the guy and like listening to what he has to say

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be fair, I think the coverage of us throughout this season has been very..." Look at little brighton, aren't they cute". Whilst the rest of the time they are all creaming themselves over middlesboro, Burnley and derby.

We are on a fantastic run, history making in fact, and it barely raises an eyebrow.

One could argue that actually this is good and removes the pressure off us.

Am I the only one who hopes that this record doesn't become a millstone and detracts from the aim of winning games, not losing them.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To be fair, I think the coverage of us throughout this season has been very..." Look at little brighton, aren't they cute". Whilst the rest of the time they are all creaming themselves over middlesboro, Burnley and derby.

We are on a fantastic run, history making in fact, and it barely raises an eyebrow.

One could argue that actually this is good and removes the pressure off us.

Am I the only one who hopes that this record doesn't become a millstone and detracts from the aim of winning games, not losing them.

If we weren't getting into winning positions, weren't threatening the goal, I might be worried, the fact we are attacking away from home, getting into winning positions against top sides is really not a millstone - we don't look scared of anyone. Last night, despite my own talk of Dunk and everything else, a single premier league quality player was the only difference in us not walking away with all three points.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hemed is pony though! All I hear is he try's hard but he s a striker that can't strike!

Could I just ask what word you'd describe Chris Holroyd with please?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If we weren't getting into winning positions, weren't threatening the goal, I might be worried, the fact we are attacking away from home, getting into winning positions against top sides is really not a millstone - we don't look scared of anyone. Last night, despite my own talk of Dunk and everything else, a single premier league quality player was the only difference in us not walking away with all three points.

Agree with this.....so one decent January signing, basically. This, with all the returning wounded due back soon, bodes pretty well, frustrating as last night was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here