Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January transfer window arriving just in time...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
On the shopping list;

1 x winger (Marshall - Blackburn?)

1 x striker (who knows Lookman from Charlton or maybe a European or South American?)

1 x left back (if Bong and Liam out longer than another month)

Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Knowing how thorough Tony and Chris are a list of names is being worked on I'm sure.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Can we afford to bring in without losing some though? We have 5 out for a relatively long time but all will be back for next season. Our football "budget" and overall losses are £10m a season. How on earth can we afford to replace 3-4 players when they're still under contract?

It's not as if it's one in and one out.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bridcutt, VLP, Marshall & a striker would be a very strong window.

Goodbye to Holla

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Can we afford to bring in without losing some though? We have 5 out for a relatively long time but all will be back for next season. Our football "budget" and overall losses are £10m a season. How on earth can we afford to replace 3-4 players when they're still under contract?

It's not as if it's one in and one out.

Good point but don't forget at the end of the season the loan players will be going back to there clubs, unless we sign Wilson!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
What price tag is VLP starting to put over his own head, hopefully we had something agreed with Wolves when getting him in and the deal can be done on the 1st of January.

Still think we would need another winger and if Wilson goes another striker. If Bong isn't back before the end of January another left back also.

All without losing anyone.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Marshall was valued at £5m by Rovers, and we quite rightly told them to 'do one'.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have to be realistic No way would Lookman come here. He will have a choice of top clubs. Would like Phillips of QPR but would think he is on massive wage and looking at there attacking strength tonight could well be in play offs Best attacking players I have seen and may look on us as a step up are Freeman and Agard of Bristol City

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our most urgent is a proper left back who can kick with his left foot. Murphy has been a shadow of his previous self as he is not getting released out wide on the left he always receives the ball on the inside of the full back making it easy for them to defend. Sign VLP keep Wilson if possible on loan, Baldock due back soon and monitor Towell to see if we need another midfielder pre transfer window deadline. Sign LB who would have been brilliant coming on this evening. Bring Goldson on. Tranfer window sorted. No big money spent and squad strength improved keep the money until the summer.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No one seems to have mentioned it yet, so allow me to be the first. It is notoriously difficult to do good business in the January transfer window, far more difficult than August.

Clubs are often reluctant to sell their best assets mid season, especially to rival clubs, and often hedge there bets until the end of the season.

If we do bring players in, they are likely to be over priced. The question is, how much does Tony want promotion?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Our most urgent is a proper left back who can kick with his left foot. Murphy has been a shadow of his previous self as he is not getting released out wide on the left he always receives the ball on the inside of the full back making it easy for them to defend. Sign VLP keep Wilson if possible on loan, Baldock due back soon and monitor Towell to see if we need another midfielder pre transfer window deadline. Sign LB who would have been brilliant coming on this evening. Bring Goldson on. Tranfer window sorted. No big money spent and squad strength improved keep the money until the summer.

If only it were that simple BG.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here