Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nasty feeling...

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
...that - principally because of injuries - our season may be juddering.

Still think we'll be in the PO's but automatics are fading with teams around us strengthening.

Still a bloody brilliant season mind. :down:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Still think we'll be in the PO's but automatics are fading with teams around us strengthening.

What we all need to do now, more than ever, as Micky Adams would have said, is keep the faith.

It's true that maybe, just maybe, we are going through a little bit of a dodgy spell, but hey every team has one at some stage of the season.

Let's all get behind the boys more than ever on Saturday. Beat Middlesboro, and we will be three points clear at the top.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

We're in as good if not better position than Bournemouth were in at this stage last season.

You know we're doing well when people feel the wheels have come off 21 games unbeaten after 2 away draws to 2 fancied teams in the league!

Long way to go yet before you start worrying about the end of the season.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Some of our draws have come from tough away games we would've expected little from. If we can beat those sides at home after we've had chance to strengthen we are in a goof position

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

We've had a lot of injuries, some aren't that far away from returning though by all accounts. I'm sure Bloom will take the gamble in January as well.

After 'Boro the matches start looking a little easier too.

It's not all bad news.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

I can understand your frustration, but we have had two very hard away games -we were just a few minutes in each from winning, and I am sure that you would not have written as you have, had we held on and been 4 points clear. It is far too early to talk of anything fading -we have January and players returning.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Strange time for this thread. We were 4 minutes away from beating Derby and 10 from beating QPR. One of those games a dodgy pen cost us and the other a ridiculously poor tackle. After Middlesborough we've got through our toughest run of the season and with a transfer window round the corner we're in great position.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Two away draws against major contenders in the league and our Season is juddering, come on- we should be champing at the bit for Saturday. I certainly hope the players aren't feeling so negative tonight, frustrated and desperate to get a win yes but not worried about losing our place. They will be desperate to get a win versus Boro and we should back them 100%.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nobody can beat us. They've tried, but they can't.

Keep the faith.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Our fixtures in December were always going to be very tough. Serious bad luck that it coincides with a shocker of an injury list.
I'd have taken draws in both these last two games beforehand, it's purely the nature of the dropped points, especially tonight, which have been hugely disappointing.
It could be a big test of our board in January, we are going to be in the top 6, so do they stick or twist?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

if we lose to boro, suddenly we'd be back down in the pack. we've had terrible luck with injuries and dodgy refereeing decisions

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Bloody ridiculous appraisal or assumption. Laughable. Bring up the thread if we do not regroup. Injuries or not. UTA

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Two away draws against major contenders in the league and our Season is juddering, come on- we should be champing at the bit for Saturday. I certainly hope the players aren't feeling so negative tonight, frustrated and desperate to get a win yes but not worried about losing our place. They will be desperate to get a win versus Boro and we should back them 100%.

Thank you, another voice of reason. Drawing our away games, and winning at home is the perfect recipe for promotion. So far we are pretty much doing that aren't we? Still over half the season left guys!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If we've had a dodgy spell, it was the 3 consecutive draws we had back at the end of September against far weaker sides than QPR and Derby.

I do have a bad feeling about our luck with injuries this season though; the news on Solly March makes my feel like it's not meant to be our year.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think "heart" is taking over "head" at the moment. Realistically, I think most of would have settled for a point at both Derby and QPR, but simply because of the way both games went, we are ultimately disappointed at not winning them. I know I am. BUT, we have still taken two valuable away draws, and we are still unbeaten.

I'm not worried.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The season isn't juddering, but like a lot of teams who, perhaps unexpectedly, find themselves in our position we have to evaluate our season against the prospects of a top two finish. If we can be as wise in the January transfer window as we were last summer, and with the loans since, then the possibilities are there. The bar is so much higher now.

I do expect the unbeaten record to go soon, but not our challenge with it.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
I have to disagree. If we can be that close to beating darby and qpr away. Then theres no reason to think we cant beat middlesburogh on saturdayt be 3 points clear at the top and unbeaten in 22 games.

To draws away to darby and qpr is hardly a crisis is it

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think "heart" is taking over "head" at the moment. Realistically, I think most of would have settled for a point at both Derby and QPR, but simply because of the way both games went, we are ultimately disappointed at not winning them. I know I am. BUT, we have still taken two valuable away draws, and we are still unbeaten.

I'm not worried.

This pretty much sums up how I feel really.

Let's all cheer like we've neve cheered before on Saturday, a win against Middlesboro, could be MASSIVE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here