Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk: Thick or just pretending ?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Total idiot. Id take anything over £200,000 for him. Not a bright player. We played well and were let down by that tit.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
He's made a good few mistakes this season.
Solely dropped us a few points.

If we weren't just about hanging in there up at the top, I'd suggest sending him out to the reserves for a month.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Always an accident waiting to happen. Should've taken the 5m. Needs a long rest.

Derbyshire Seagull

Oct 21, 2005
He made a stupid mistake at Leeds that cost us a goal and then tonight. He lost his head and there was no need for the first challenge that got him booked and the second was just crazy. Maybe they would have scored but Dunk was indeed stupid in my opinion. Got talent but lacks a footballing brain

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
He made a stupid mistake at Leeds that cost us a goal and then tonight. He lost his head and there was no need for the first challenge that got him booked and the second was just crazy. Maybe they would have scored but Dunk was indeed stupid in my opinion. Got talent but lacks a footballing brain

Hard to disagree with any of this. So frustrating to be pegged back again, and though they might have scored, as you say, his recklessness contributed to handing QPR an undoubted tonic. Now one less for Saturday -what happens if any other defender has to go off?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Total idiot. Id take anything over £200,000 for him. Not a bright player. We played well and were let down by that tit.

Total, if undestandable, over reaction. I mean, I'm angry too because he let us down tonight, and if it wasn't for his needless sending off the three points would have been ours.

However, despite how hurt we all feel having seen two points slip from our grtasp with another late equaliser, and losing our placed at the top of the table, Lewis Dunk is still overall an excellent centre half.

He will be hurting as much as us right now, and I'm sure he will learn from this. Still, this result sets up nicely for our tussle with the new leaders on Saturday. Beat them, and we will be three points clear at the top.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
twatty thread anyway, but I don't think the first foul was a booking and don't think the second was that bad. Not that great, but not as bad as Holloway is banging on about

First one wasn't a booking, second easily could have been a straight red - may well have been if he hadn't already been going off with a yellow.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Total, if undestandable, over reaction. I mean, I'm angry too because he let us down tonight, and if it wasn't for his needless sending off the three points would have been ours.

However, despite how hurt we all feel having seen two points slip from our grtasp with another late equaliser, and losing our placed at the top of the table, Lewis Dunk is still overall an excellent centre half.

He will be hurting as much as us right now, and I'm sure he will learn from this. Still, this result sets up nicely for our tussle with the new leaders on Saturday. Beat them, and we will be three points clear at the top.

Well said. Although I do prefer Uwe as per the other thread, everything you've said is spot on.

He remains a very good player.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I've been prepared to defend him, but crikey it's just rash mistake after rash mistake game after game. It was actually notable on Saturday that it wasn't actually him who made the error given it so often is. Just ridiculous to make that challenge there, he's 24, not some fresh faced kid anymore. I bet Hughton has torn some strips off him, just when we were wobbling it triggered deflation from us, massive boost to them. Unbelievable for your centre half to get not 1, but 2 yellow cards in areas of the pitch where there's little danger and he shouldn't have been in the first place.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
twatty thread anyway, but I don't think the first foul was a booking and don't think the second was that bad. Not that great, but not as bad as Holloway is banging on about

Are you serious?

Football is about making snap decisions, which prove to be crucial. Dunk's decision making has proven to be flawed on too many occasions of late. His poor control left him chasing a ball he shouldn't have gone for, the refs decision was easy as it was a definite yellow and on another day could have been straight red and 3 match ban.

Maybe he is of the Razor Ruddock school of football where you get sent off just before Chrimbo to have time off!

His poor decision making tonight as per Greer's on Saturday cost us 2 points. 4 points dropped due to 2 bad choices

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've been prepared to defend him, but crikey it's just rash mistake after rash mistake game after game. It was actually notable on Saturday that it wasn't actually him who made the error given it so often is. Just ridiculous to make that challenge there, he's 24, not some fresh faced kid anymore. I bet Hughton has torn some strips off him, just when we were wobbling it triggered deflation from us, massive boost to them. Unbelievable for your centre half to get not 1, but 2 yellow cards in areas of the pitch where there's little danger and he shouldn't have been in the first place.

Rash mistake after rash mistake?, game after game? I don't think so.

Sure he was bloody stupid tonight and lost us two points. But I maintain that he is overall an excellent centre half, and he will come good again. Yes he has the odd error in him, but tell me who doesn't?

Let's all not over react, keep the faith, and move on to Saturday.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here