Ollie's 10 in 10 Diary [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Ian Holloway[/h]Football Expert

Last Updated: 15/12/15 1:51pm

ian-holloway-10-in-10-ollie_3388689.png
ian-holloway-10-in-10-ollie_3388689.png

We had time for a quick Q&A on Twitter before the game...

There was more drama in the studio than on the pitch at Blackburn last night.
I was very disappointed with the game. It wasn't one for the purists and the neutrals must have been tearing their hair out watching it. As a pundit, those games are very hard to work on, but from my angle from the studio it was an enjoyable game from a tactical point of view. Both sets of players are very well drilled and because that side of their game was so good, there were no mistakes, which resulted in no chances.
The cameras should have been on us in the studio while the match was going on, that's where the real talking points were.
ian-holloway-sky-sports-interview_3388685.jpg
ian-holloway-sky-sports-interview_3388685.jpg

One last interview with Sky Sports News HQ - and it was then back to the bus

I brought the wrong ear-pieces over from the bus, so the studio team gave me temporary ones to wear. The toilet situation is still the same at the moment on the bus therefore I needed to use the facilities at half-time and as a result yanked out my ear-piece… a bit of it got stuck in my ear! Nightmare.
The team in the studio looked a bit worried for me. One of the team ran to their car to get some tweezers. Time to go fishing! I thought I can handle this, but I only ended up pushing the piece further into my ear with my big fingers.
One of the lads had 999 ready to call as they thought I was in a bit of trouble. Now that would have been a talking point to analyse.
ollie-ian-holloway-ollieeesss_3388696.jpg
ollie-ian-holloway-ollieeesss_3388696.jpg

The fans in and around the ground have been great - spreading Xmas cheer

Simon Thomas asking: "Ian Holloway's collapsed and his head has burst - did he go down too easily there?"
At the time my mind was doing somersaults, I was thinking 'have I covered myself on the insurance for death by ear-piece?' But the studio team - Phil - the sound man, Jayne - the make-up lady and Derek - saved the day with the tweezers. Good job guys!
All the people that help put the show together are magical human beings. We are thoroughly spoilt.
After a one quick final interview with Sky Sports News HQ, it was then back to the battle bus as we undertook the slog through the night from Blackburn back to Sky Studios in London.
ian-holloway-ollie-10-in-10_3388697.jpg
ian-holloway-ollie-10-in-10_3388697.jpg

Look who it is..? I just can't get away from the bus, it's everywhere

From the outside it looks like it's easy to sleep in these luxurious surroundings, but it's not that simple. That's what I'm struggling with most. Getting some kip. When you're on the move and you're getting thrown about like a sock in a tumble dryer, it's hard to keep relaxed. I didn't really get to sleep until we parked up at Sky at 3am.
My stomach was rumbling on the journey - not for the reason you're thinking - I needed feeding.
A midnight snack was called for and I made my favourite delicacy - a pork pie filled with pickle. *
It's my weapon of choice for a quick snack as it's easy to make and tastes like heaven.
ian-holloway-ollie-rob-wotton_3388699.jpg
ian-holloway-ollie-rob-wotton_3388699.jpg

Before I jumped in the shower, I needed to attend a production meeting with Charlie (middle) and Rob (r).

When I was young, I didn't like pickle, but when your taste buds mature it turns out to be a gorgeous taste. It doesn't go with everything, but when you dollop some of it on a cold pork pie it becomes an absolute joy. It's best to slice it open and then drizzle the pickle inside.
Also, if you're a brown sauce kind of person, you can drench the pie in that, too. I'm also a fan of cheese and onion crisps dipped in tomato sauce. You may turn your nose up, but a crisp is a deep fried potato and you put ketchup on chips, so why not crisps? It works. Go on, try it, trust me. I've already converted our digital media man, Lewis. He's addicted to them now. He might need to call Pork Pie anonymous.
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Highlights from the clash at the iPro Stadium between fourth place Derby and league leaders Brighton

Next stop for us is QPR and Brighton. Going back to QPR is always special. I gave them 10 years of my life as a player and a manager. We had good and bad times, but that's life. It reminds me of when my kids were young as they were mad for QPR when daddy was the manager. We had some fantastic Christmases at the club.
I'm very thankful for the opportunities they gave me and that day at Hillsborough when we won promotion was one of the highlights of my career.
promo273865087
promo273865087

QPR are preparing to play Brighton during Sky Sports' 10 in 10, watch their best goals so far this season

I see the club have made a QPR shirt with Holloway 10 in 10 on the back and that is really lovely gesture. It's very thoughtful of them. I'm delighted and very proud to go back to Loftus Road.
I've gone for a home win, too. Although I have to admit it's a very heartfelt, emotional prediction as Brighton are on a roll. I know the QPR fans will be a little bit worried about tonight, but I'm unbelievably optimistic. Stranger things have happened. Let's hope we have a game to remember.
Watch QPR v Brighton live on Sky Sports 1 HD from 7.30pm on Monday.
promo273858880
promo273858880

As Brighton prepare for their Championship clash with Middlesbrough during Sky Sports’ 10 in 10, watch their best five goals of the season so far

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here